Bike rack for Mini Convertble? HELP!

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
PLo

Bike rack for Mini Convertble? HELP!

Post by PLo »

Hello!

I have just joined the bike world again and purchased a new bike that I am excited about using out and about. I do however have a very impractical car - a mini convertible. Has anyone any tips for the best bike rack to get for these vehicles (2005 model) without having to pay stupid money to BMW?

Thanks in advance.
hamster

Re: Bike rack for Mini Convertble? HELP!

Post by hamster »

Towbar rack?

I know that the Cooper S also has no certified towbar, so hoping yours is a Cooper.
PLo

Post by PLo »

It's a mini one convertible...?
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Depends on the position of the tailpipe. If it's central, it looks like a no-no. If it's offset, then Witter do one.
hamster

Post by hamster »

You should be OK, simplest is a Witter removable towbar and a towbar rack. I have a double rack with supplementary lighting and numberplate built into the rack base. It's really solid and tips to allow the boot to open.

None of this is cheap but towbar racks are the best solution for rear carriers anyway.
PLo

Post by PLo »

Great thank you, I'll look into that. Exhaust is offset so that's a good start!
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

A simple A frame under the front wheels, you might want low gears to tow the car up any significant hills though...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.