Halfords discount.

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
catullus

Halfords discount.

Post by catullus »

Is it possible to get double discount at Halfords by claiming 20% for being a member of both Cycling UK and British Cycling?
bogmyrtle

Re: Halfords discount.

Post by bogmyrtle »

Would doubt it. You could only take the 20% off the full price of whatever you are buying and the item can only be full price once.
Would you not save more money by dropping one of the memberships?
A bike does more miles to the banana than a Porsche.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

I've been cheeky sometimes and asked for BC discount after they've pricematched an item. Doesn't always work but by using the 10% BC discount I've covered my membership fees and more so I'm in profit.
tim-b

Post by tim-b »

Hi
From Halfords T&Cs (link),
"4.7. Offers cannot be used in conjunction with one another. Where more than one offer is available on the same product only one discount will apply. The offer giving the greatest saving will be applied in the basket. Equally, voucher code offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer."
This also applies to price matching
Regards
tim-b
~~~~¯\(ツ)/¯~~~~
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

I've had 3 for 2 offer then had 10% discount though.
hondated

Post by hondated »

Get a relative to work there. My grandson does, part time, and its unbelievable the discount I get on the card he gave me.
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

You can usually get BC discount after all other offers have been slapped on. Eg discount off a sales price. I think 2 discounts via "clubs" may be a touch opptomistic.
RickH

Post by RickH »

mattsccm wrote:You can usually get BC discount after all other offers have been slapped on. Eg discount off a sales price. I think 2 discounts via "clubs" may be a touch opptomistic.

British Cycling wrote:Members and official Fans of British Cycling can get 10% off everything in-store at Halfords, including sale items.
(link - don't know if it works without being logged in as a member or not)

The BC discount works on non-cycling stuff, I've used it for car bits. But they would give me the discount on a click & collect "web only" price one time but I think that was 30% off anyway so I was pushing my luck a bit.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
simonhill

Post by simonhill »

I went to Halfords a few days after I got the email about the discount from CycleUK (about 2 weeks ago). I bought a cheapo small seat pouch and asked for my discount. They hadn't heard of Cycle-UK discount and it wasn't on their list.

They logged it as BC and I got my 10%.

Hopefully they are better informed by now.
John1054

Post by John1054 »

Following a 'phone enquiry earlier this week, collected a new bike + accessories from local Halfords - 10% discount on everything eventually - they had to use the BC barcode to give it to me. £98 better off!