Fitting bag onto handlebars.

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Fex54

Re: Fitting bag onto handlebars.

Post by Fex54 »

In the '80s I had a Carradice bar bag which clipped onto a frame, and my memory is that the frame was exactly as shown. I don't think that I have it any more as the bag suffered from rodent predation over 20 years ago and was binned so I had no further use for the frame. The back of the bag had a strap with a clip that went round the head tube and ensured that the bag stayed put when going over bumps. The whole thing worked quite well and the bag was easily removed leaving the frame on the bike.

I would like something smaller now; deep enough to carry a fat paperback book and long and wide enough tocarry an OS map or two with room for a phone, small wallet and small camera as well as a couple of maps and a couple of odds ends (Toffee Crisp, for example). It would fit within the STI cables and be easily removable but allow a comfortable grip on the flat section of the bars- I have found a few possible candididates on the SJS site altough am not really happy with any of them so would be interested in any recommendations.
FEX54
elPedro666

Post by elPedro666 »

Toffee Crisp is a great shout!

Sorry to be so predatory but if you still have the frame I have two bags and one frame (make your own jokes please!) so would be interested in picking up another frame... ;-)

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly using hovercraft full of eels.
rollinbone

Post by rollinbone »

Klickfix does a range of bag that fit onto the HB
A bag normally comes with a attachment fitting
BUT you can buy separately a thing called a Extender - this goes between the HB and the normal attachment bracket
This should set it free from the control wires - as you can see (I hope) in pic
P1010913_2.jpg