Toe rubbing on wheel

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
reohn2

Re: Toe rubbing on wheel

Post by reohn2 »

Alan O wrote:I really am starting to wonder if this is a jest - the photo is framed so we can't see if the handlebars are turned all the way round (and on at least one of my bikes they'll go almost that far), and there's been no response at all.

It could be,though I've seen about three or four people riding bikes with the same problem(not all Halfords),one was a child's bike and I sorted it out for the child who was with her Mum.Once sorted Mum agreed it did look much better though confessed she wouldn't have known any different.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I fixed on when MiniBob went on a camp a couple of weeks ago. Parents were grateful, but completely unaware...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
rjb

Post by rjb »

some riders prefer them like that, Dont try this at home. 8)

At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Alan O

Post by Alan O »

rjb wrote:some riders prefer them like that, Dont try this at home. 8)

Wow, that's an impressive codpiece the pacing motorcyclist is wearing!
Heltor Chasca

Post by Heltor Chasca »

Heltor Chasca wrote:
Mick F wrote:
Heltor Chasca wrote:Last I heard was that the OP had fallen a over t on the way back to Halfords hence the silence.
:shock: :shock:
I hope he's ok.

.............. and I hope Halfords will compensate.

Sorry. My dark, inappropriate sense of humour. Or lack of.

Totally untrue.

Finally!

I am not alone [emoji12]
RickH

Post by RickH »

rjb wrote:some riders prefer them like that, Dont try this at home. 8)

But then most people don't have a velodrome at home... ;-)
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

C'mon freeman - put us all out of our misery - the suspense is electric - have you solved this yet? What was the fault? A similar problem was posted on this Forum some months ago and I don't remember seeing the end of the story - does anyone remember how that one all ended - and where the bike was purchased from?
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Heltor Chasca wrote:......................I am not alone

You're never alone with a bike :D :D ..................except if you get a puncture on a dark, wet Tuesday night half way up the pass between two Yorkshire dale-heads :cry: :cry: .

Actually, you're not alone even then - sheep come to laugh at you :lol: :lol: .

Totally irrelevant to the thread, but I couldn't resist it :roll: :roll: .
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Alan O wrote:I really am starting to wonder if this is a jest - the photo is framed so we can't see if the handlebars are turned all the way round (and on at least one of my bikes they'll go almost that far), and there's been no response at all.
My thoughts when I first saw the post.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

MikeF wrote:

I'm beginning to wonder now. OP has not logged on since making the post(their one and only).

Ian
Zoidsberg

Post by Zoidsberg »

th.jpg
th.jpg (7.31 KiB) Viewed 652 times
:idea: :idea:
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Psamathe wrote:I'm beginning to wonder now. OP has not logged on since making the post(their one and only).

Ian

Or maybe their just embarrassed.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

MikeF wrote:

I'd agree. Along with the spate of posts from "one time posters" in the year to date, this stood out as being a fairly obvious joke

I suppose those of us with sufficient nous to move on from steel bicycles, leather saddles and canvas panniers are more on the ball :wink:
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

If it is a joke /troll post I can't see what the OP is getting out of it :?
At least some good may have come out of the thread,as other people have been alerted to the possibilities of toe overlap and unknowingly riding with forks frack to bunt.

If the OP is genuine I hope he isn't too embrassed by his mistake.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
Psamathe

Post by Psamathe »

gbnz wrote:
MikeF wrote:

I'd agree. Along with the spate of posts from "one time posters" in the year to date, this stood out as being a fairly obvious joke

I suppose those of us with sufficient nous to move on from steel bicycles, leather saddles and canvas panniers are more on the ball :wink:

The trouble is there are so many genuine cases/photos on the internet (often from said retail outlet) that it is quite credible.

To assume anything that might be a joke is a joke (and not respond when that possibility exists) would turn the forum into a very unhelpful place. Same as people coming along wasting the time and effort from those prepared to help just means people are less prepared to bother to help genuine questions later.

Like the e.g. chain broken questions, they might be jokes or might be genuine so should people ignore them on the possibility or to take people in good faith and spend their time helping (only to them find that somebody thought it funny to have them waste their time ...)

Ian