Daily fail does it again

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
jazzkat

Re: Daily fail does it again

Post by jazzkat »

I stopped reading anything written in that particular "newspaper".
It's written to appeal to a lowest common denominator and has been nowhere near any real news.
It makes your life better to just ignore them/it.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Spinners wrote:How dare us cyclists ride two abreast :wink: :wink:

What a cow! What a crap article. Neither funny or factual.

Motons are always two abreast, even when alone
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

al_yrpal wrote:
mercalia wrote:a rather funny article mosr memorable quote -

"But cyclists are the worst.

I’m mightily sick of cyclists, always male, with nostrils flaring like raging bulls and calves as big as ostrich eggs as they surge through our cities and towns on roads that were never built to accommodate them."

hmm I would have thought a nice desciption for the car?

and talk about cars - they should be banned from out roads. I am on my summer hols - first stop Portland bill - about 140 miles from London. So I thought maybe 3.5 hrs taking in consideration that the roads after Winchester I dont know. Yep ok to WInchester. Afer that and towards Ringwood a NIGHTMARE. Talk about slow traffic lines and lines of cars not going any where fast - made worse by an event called BoomTown, to name one cause, with cars lining up to park on the fields of the event.

http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/

ANy way took me nearly 6 hours in the end to do just 140 miles :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I hate cars and car owners they are the scum of the earth should leave the roads clear for just 2 wheeled transport :idea:

Apparently this created 10 hour queues and was caused by security checks and mud ie the fault of the organisers and nature. Nothing to do with cars and ordinary folk innocently attending a potentially enjoyable event. Had you used Google maps with its excellent jam indications you could have avoided the holdups to get to Portland.

I always have a look at Google Maps before any long journey, it pays to be prepared to change your route, AND, it always shows the fastest route taking into account the current jams and go slows.

Al

well this is the first time this year my m/c is on the road and had no idea there was an event on. so does google maps give you delay details? didnt know that. You should have seen the fields of cars I mean fields and fields and fields and fields. Should have been a bus in event and leave the cars at home
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

mercalia wrote:a rather funny article mosr memorable quote -

"But cyclists are the worst.

I’m mightily sick of cyclists, always male, with nostrils flaring like raging bulls and calves as big as ostrich eggs as they surge through our cities and towns on roads that were never built to accommodate them."

hmm I would have thought a nice desciption for the car?

and talk about cars - they should be banned from out roads. I am on my summer hols - first stop Portland bill - about 140 miles from London. So I thought maybe 3.5 hrs taking in consideration that the roads after Winchester I dont know. Yep ok to WInchester. Afer that and towards Ringwood a NIGHTMARE. Talk about slow traffic lines and lines of cars not going any where fast - made worse by an event called BoomTown, to name one cause, with cars lining up to park on the fields of the event.

http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/http://www.boomtownfair.co.uk/

ANy way took me nearly 6 hours in the end to do just 140 miles :shock: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: I hate cars and car owners they are the scum of the earth should leave the roads clear for just 2 wheeled transport :idea:

There is a guy in the local press who is anti-cyclist to an extreme and frequently complains how cyclists "clog up" the New Forest

Yet is in total denial of the effects of the New Forest Show, the daily queues at Lyndhurst and other pinch points

It is always a delight to point these car related issues in reply to his rants
al_yrpal

Post by al_yrpal »

Should have been a bus event? Come on.... How do you carry all your camping gear on a bus? Whst about Camper Vans and Caravans?
You protest too much...especially as you didnt check your route out beforehand. (AA, Google Maps, no doubt other ways too). You got held up for a few hours, some folk going there queued for 9 hours!!! I bet you wont do that again.

Al
Reuse, recycle, thus do your bit to save the planet.... Get stuff at auctions, Dump, Charity Shops, Facebook Marketplace, Ebay, Car Boots. Choose an Old House, and a Banger ..... And cycle as often as you can......
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

I’m mightily sick of cyclists, always male,.......

Obviously women don't cycle. :roll:
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.