Inverness Secure Cycle Parking?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Ron

Re: Inverness Secure Cycle Parking?

Post by Ron »

Probably a bit late now, I've just spotted this thread.
There are two bike lockers on Platform 6/7, the only snag being you have to use your own padlock on the door.
The cycle parking indicated on Google Street view is short term parking, not covered against weather, and a bit close to the many passers-by for my liking. The cage referred to at the Falcon Square entrance is, I believe, for staff cycle parking only.
We "found " these lockers a few years ago during a survey of public transport facilities in Inverness, but the station staff had either never known or forgotten about them.
landsurfer

Post by landsurfer »

Ask the station staff if you can leave your bike in the "Depot" .... there is a walking route from the station and they will allow you to put them in a nice secure Victorian engine shed ... but only if you ask .... Good old Scotrail ...
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

Again, probably a bit late and not of much help really but just to clarify;

There is secure cycle storage at Inverness railway station..

storage.jpg

But unfortunately it is for staff only

notice.jpg

Just off the ship and flown in from China, first time on a bike in 3.5 months and it feels so good.....

Now just have to find a place to stay as 'absence does not make the heart grow fonder' as I have recently been made aware,

All the best, Simon
PennylessWheeler

Post by PennylessWheeler »

The result of this was that we stayed in Inverness Premier Inn with our sparkling, clean bicycles placed in extra strong bin liners: one for each wheel, and 2 or 3 per frame (dependent upon frame size). We did this out of sight of the hotel. We had no problems, a good night's sleep and no comment from the staff. Overall, it was a quick and quite convenient.
L+1

Post by L+1 »

I'm glad you found somewhere suitable in the end.
We've frequently stayed in Premier Inn, specifically because of their cycle friendly policy - it's on their website and every member of reception staff I've ever encountered knows about it. The only one of their hotels I've been discouraged from taking a bike into the room was at Glasgow Buchanan Galleries - the lifts are small and very busy due to the number of floors. We were offered a secure storeroom instead.
Arriving with clean-ish bikes/offering to cover any mucky bits no doubt makes everything more relaxed.