Has anyone tried this shaving product?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
bikepacker

Has anyone tried this shaving product?

Post by bikepacker »

On my tours I normally take a small bottle of shave oil and disposable razors so when I saw a small bottle of Nuage Advanced Shave Serum in Savers I was interested. The instructions say: Apply and massage into dry skin then shave in the direction of beard growth. So I did and it was like shaving with a blunt knife and hardly touch the stubble.

There must be a better way and I have emailed the company but as yet have not received a reply. Anyone else use this product and if so how do you get a smooth shave?
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
simonineaston

Re: Has anyone tried this shaving product?

Post by simonineaston »

I'm lucky in that I have light beard growth. My strategy revolves around hot showers. Wherever I cycle, I nearly always have access to a hot shower, and so the beard is softened up nicely by the time I emerge from the shower cubicle. If I need it, I'll shave after the shower, using my favoured Johnson's baby travel soap *, but most days I don't need a proper shave other than a quick couple of swipes to neaten up my naturally chiselled and otherwise enviable good looks...
Secret's in the hot shower, me thinks. In the past, I've tried sundry products that don't involve hot water and none of them have worked for me.
* I've found that Johnson's baby soap works well for washing hair, skin and clothes. A good travel companion. It's 'mild and gentle' (obviously) but just strong enough to remove chain grease from my little pandies, too! :roll:
S
(on the look out for Armageddon, on board a Brompton nano & ever-changing Moultons)
bikepacker

Post by bikepacker »

I am happy with the shaving oil I use. It just tempted me to try something new.

I find a solid shampoo/shower gel the best soap product to carry as it washes me and my clothes.
There is your way. There is my way. But there is no "the way".
Bonefishblues

Post by Bonefishblues »

I take block natural soap on my fishing trips to similar effect.
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

I use concentrated liquid soap for just about everything on tour. A few drops is all that is needed. http://www.drbronner.co.uk/departments/ ... eptid=PCLS
bertgrower

Post by bertgrower »

bikepacker wrote:On my tours I normally take a small bottle of shave oil and disposable razors so when I saw a small bottle of Nuage Advanced Shave Serum in Savers I was interested. The instructions say: Apply and massage into dry skin then shave in the direction of beard growth. So I did and it was like shaving with a blunt knife and hardly touch the stubble.

There must be a better way and I have emailed the company but as yet have not received a reply. Anyone else use this product and if so how do you get a smooth shave?

I use any soap at hand and bic razors.

If require I can shave dry.
Cunobelin

Post by Cunobelin »

bikepacker wrote:There must be a better way a

Yep - I stopped shaving in 1976
AMMoffat

Post by AMMoffat »

tatanab wrote:I use concentrated liquid soap for just about everything on tour. A few drops is all that is needed. http://www.drbronner.co.uk/departments/ ... eptid=PCLS

+ 1
bikerwaser

Post by bikerwaser »

I use aqueous cream. As little as £2.50 for 500g and on my last tour of 3 months I only took 200g with me and i still had some left as I was frugal with it. I don't like normal shaving cream/foam as it has a horrible chemical floral smell to it. aqueous cream isn't like that and it's amazing how little you have to use.