CRC Cycles; Warranty claims

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
MikeF

Re: CRC Cycles; Warranty claims

Post by MikeF »

On a slightly different theme. What are these defective tyres? Are they all the same make and type? 3 defective ones seems there is something seriously wrong and might be a safety issue.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

MikeF wrote:On a slightly different theme. What are these defective tyres? Are they all the same make and type? 3 defective ones seems there is something seriously wrong and might be a safety issue.

The tyres are Schwalbe Delta Cruiser Plus. One was defective on receipt (Numerous cracks in the sidewall up to 12-13mm length - I did presume that it had been used), the other two started to fail within no more than 2-3 weeks use, the sidewalls developing extensive cracking.

The latest tyre looked ok on receipt and fitting, after approx. 2-3 weeks use I became aware of a jolting sensation. I initially assumed the wheel bearings or even axle may have been worn/displaced (Axle replaced this spring), but it became apparent that the fault was with the tyre (It developed extensive cracking in the sidewall and over a period of another 2-3 weeks started to bulge outwards by 3-4mm in 2-3 places.

The latest tyre has never been subject to any load, other than myself and/or shopping. Never been used off road or on inappropriate terrain. I'm always reasonably careful about ensuring tyres are correctly inflated , this tyre to be inflated to 65-95psi (Nb. I haven't used a tyre gauge, but am aware my pump will inflate to 160psi and am reasonably competent in judging an adequate pressure - I.e. I've never previously had this issue)
gbnz

Post by gbnz »

gbnz wrote:I've bought three defective tyres from CRC Cycles during 2017 and have to date failed to manage the process of submitting a warranty claim.....Any ideas?

Fair do's to CRC Cycles, I believe they have effectively offered me a refund of some sort, in the form of gift vouchers :?: . They have stated;

"The codes for these gift vouchers will be emailed the email as in the order"

I believe this means that they are offering gift vouchers and will be emailing a code to me? (Nb. Brings to mind the thread I started in relation to the poor use of language and spelling a few weeks back :roll: ).