Pannier rack and bags for kids bikes

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Cunobelin

Re: Pannier rack and bags for kids bikes

Post by Cunobelin »

Depends how your DIY skills are

Most pannier systems are available in spare parts

For instance you can buy an Ortlieb mounting bar and hooks for a few quid

With care any bag can be adapted

A friend of mine adapted their daughters standard leather satchel to attach to a rack as a pannier

Providing the fitting is safe and the bag is stiff enough not to catch on wheels or chains, then the only limit is your imagination
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

I don't agree with it but at my school anyone with a briefcase got marked out for close attention of the bullies. No matter how confident and able to stick up for yourself a briefcase meant doom! Whatever got used it had to be a bag that could survive being thrown about a bit. Things like testing the theory of gravity with a briefcase, how many kids can stand on it before it broke (those rigid briefcases), etc. I also doubt panniers could last long at my school certainly not with the plastic ortlieb fittings.

Rucksacks are my best recommendation.
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

mjr wrote:I don't think the fold-out side panniers on the Roswheel bag will last long if schoolbooks are put in them.

Surely it depends on how much weight there is for any bag, presuming you have experience with that marque or just making a guess with your comment on quality?