Peugot Ladyback Tandem

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
johnggold

Peugot Ladyback Tandem

Post by johnggold »

I have been given a Peugot ladyback tandem to restore.

There is a serial number punched on the crank base.

10100004079. I am not sure about the first digit as I have not shotblasted the frame yet and rust is making the first character hard to read, or it may be a symbol.

I am assuming that 04079 is April 1979.

I intend to fully restore the frame, as decals seem to be freely available, but there are components such as the rear hub brake disconnected - presumably not working.

This is my first tandem restoration - I normally restore 50s and 60s racing bicycles, so any information to help the rebuild will be appreciated.
rjb

Re: Peugot Ladyback Tandem

Post by rjb »

try searching on the forum.
Heres something helpful to get you going found on this forum from an initial search.
http://www.peugeottandem.com/Pages/HubBrake.aspx

good luck
At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

I've owned and spannered on several such machines. The Atom hub brake is quite a thing (but needs to be treated with care) and the machines sometimes have French specification threading in the BB and headset, which is 'interesting'....

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
rjb

Post by rjb »

At the last count:- Peugeot 531 pro, Dawes Discovery Tandem, Dawes Kingpin X3, Raleigh 20 stowaway X2, 1965 Moulton deluxe, Falcon K2 MTB dropped bar tourer, Rudge Bi frame folder, Longstaff trike conversion on a Giant XTC 840 :D
9494arnold

Post by 9494arnold »

Start with the Headset, if there's a problem there you need advice ,it's quite a complex area. :o
In fact I do beleieve theres a Peugeout Tandem Owners Forum.
Other than that quite a competent machine, I've worked on a couple (only ever owned Solo Peugeot Machines though)
9494arnold

Post by 9494arnold »

Sorry repeating what someones already put! :oops: e