New Boris Bikes it seems become the Sadiq Sycle

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
mercalia

New Boris Bikes it seems become the Sadiq Sycle

Post by mercalia »

from Pashley
for a review

" It feels quicker, slicker and features 24-inch wheels instead of the existing 26-inch wheels – this is said to improve the bike's acceleration from a standing start. The bike is assembled in Stratford-upon-Avon by Pashley"

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/pashley-s-sadiq-cycle-is-streets-ahead-of-the-existing-boris-bike/022089

sadiq.JPG
JakobW

Re: New Boris Bikes it seems become the Sadiq Sycle

Post by JakobW »

Was in London yesterday and using the TfL bikes to get around; most of the docking stations I was at had at least one of the new ones, so I took a couple for a spin. At 6'5" I'm at the top end of the bell curve, but they felt fine - if anything, less twitchy than the old models (though I had a heavy bag on the front carrier, which may have helped). I can't say I particularly noticed them being nippier away from the lights - like all TfL bikes, they felt a bit draggy, but then they're more for pootling along than for really shifting. It will be interesting to see how they hold up in service - if you get a TfL bike that's obviously had lots of miles on it they can feel even more draggy and rattly than usual.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

"Pashley is patenting the bike's headstock (existing "Boris bikes" suffer from wobbly front-ends because of problems with the current headstock). " Does anyone know what this means?
I've never ridden a Boris Bike or any other hired bike so can't comment. I note the new ones in Brighton are shaft driven.
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
colin54

Post by colin54 »

On a similar note I was reading this about Japanese city/utility bikes which I thought made interesting reading,especially about the

steering geometry.

https://janheine.wordpress.com/2017/10/ ... -in-kyoto/

The hire bikes in Liverpool have shaft drive.I must try one one day, ( I'll have to leave my own bike at home ).

I don't know who manufactures them.

P1050305 (640x480).jpg
Nu-Fogey
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Here's a Brighton "model" with Fabian Hamilton MP with a BTN Bike Share bike. https://bricyclestest.files.wordpress.c ... .jpg?w=863
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master.
I don't peddle bikes.
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

colin54 wrote:I don't know who manufactures them.

The Bristol & Southampton Yobikes are made by a company called Clamber and I only know this cause a Yobike was on their stand at the NEC bike show back in September but it's not showing on their website, obviously a made to order item.
breakwellmz

Post by breakwellmz »

Quote-"On a similar note I was reading this about Japanese city/utility bikes which I thought made interesting reading,especially about the
steering geometry"

Zero trail!
Tops of the seat stays look flimsy-
Attachments
seatlug (Medium).jpg
crazydave789

Post by crazydave789 »

coo marushi japanese raleigh