BUYING A BIKE FROM Bike24

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
sayydam

BUYING A BIKE FROM Bike24

Post by sayydam »

Hi...does anyone know ??

If I buy a bike from Bike24 (Germany) to UK

will there be any additional charge other than my shipping cost as Germany is within the EU so will there be any duties or customs charges ?
gaz

Re: BUYING A BIKE FROM Bike24

Post by gaz »

No additional duties or customs charges before 11pm on 29th March 2019*.

*After that, who knows but I'm assured by various UK government ministers that it will become even easier and cheaper than it is now.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
npcarey

Post by npcarey »

Read somewhere recently that Wiggle have bought or at least are trying to buy Bike24. Presumably to have a EU base?
sayydam

Post by sayydam »

npcarey wrote:Read somewhere recently that Wiggle have bought or at least are trying to buy Bike24. Presumably to have a EU base?

really ?
sayydam

Post by sayydam »

npcarey wrote:Read somewhere recently that Wiggle have bought or at least are trying to buy Bike24. Presumably to have a EU base?

thank u
sayydam

Post by sayydam »

gaz wrote:No additional duties or customs charges before 11pm on 29th March 2019*.

*After that, who knows but I'm assured by various UK government ministers that it will become even easier and cheaper than it is now.

thanks
Ivor Tingting

Post by Ivor Tingting »

Wiggle, ChainReaction and Bike24 are all the same company now. Dispatch is now rubbish. Items take an age to arrive and all come individually and at different times if you make an order of multiple items which is a real PITA.
"Zat is ze reel prowoking qwestion Mr Paxman." - Peer Steinbruck, German Finance Minister 31/03/2009.
John1054

Post by John1054 »

My latest parcel from Chain Reactions contained 9 items, all in the same box, and came very quickly.
RickH

Post by RickH »

I was unaware of any link between wiggle & Bike24. I ordered some things from Bike24 recently. Again 1 box with everything in it arrived promptly. The only difference I note compared to previous orders was it came via DPD rather than DHL.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
AMMoffat

Post by AMMoffat »

https://www.endurancebusiness.com/2017/ ... n-germany/

I wonder how that will work for UK customers of Bike24 as currently their prices are generally much lower than Wiggle's even taking postage into account.
ambodach

Post by ambodach »

If anyone mentions ChainReaction , Wiggle and deliveries to me my language gets a bit intemperate.
old_windbag

Post by old_windbag »

ambodach wrote:If anyone mentions ChainReaction , Wiggle

They had a merger or takeover not so long ago. I find wiggle take an age to deliver by standard delivery and thats to myself with good postal links etc. Ribble too have always been slow turnaround. I found Merlin very fast( next day before 2pm ).

I've bought from Rose bikes and Canyon of germany, also mantel of netherlands. Couldnt fault any of them and shipping was about 3 days. They used to show prices at Rose with 19% vat but I think it was recalculated to 20 when seen as uk order. They now redirect you to a uk version of their site.

The germans are good and they sell at very competitive prices too. Pity about our currency dip because of the brexit fiasco/debacle though.

*is there some sort of autocorrection in use on this editor my words get changed.