cycling calendar for 2018

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
mig

cycling calendar for 2018

Post by mig »

for many years i've always had a graham watson calendar on the office wall and used it lots for planning work.

as he has retired there isn't one for next year i don't think. does anyone know of something comparable out there?

thanks
steady eddy

Re: cycling calendar for 2018

Post by steady eddy »

The National Clarion are offering a cycling calendar this year with some excellent quality art work It isn't cheap but it is raising funds for an off road cycle track for one of their clubs in Scotland. You should be able to find a link to it on their web site. If not then I can find you the address from the most recent Boots and Spurs if you email me.
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

if you cant find a cycling one you could go for a Putin one? :lol:
mig

Post by mig »

steady eddy wrote:The National Clarion are offering a cycling calendar this year with some excellent quality art work It isn't cheap but it is raising funds for an off road cycle track for one of their clubs in Scotland. You should be able to find a link to it on their web site. If not then I can find you the address from the most recent Boots and Spurs if you email me.

thanks. i've treated myself to one. does look good
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

There are some lovely images on there, I particularly like the camping one. Does anyone know if they are available as prints?
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
Alan_SE16

Post by Alan_SE16 »

pedalsheep wrote:There are some lovely images on there, I particularly like the camping one. Does anyone know if they are available as prints?

Hi, yes Im sure there are prints available details should be on https://clarioncc.org/

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

Alan_SE16 wrote:
pedalsheep wrote:There are some lovely images on there, I particularly like the camping one. Does anyone know if they are available as prints?

Hi, yes Im sure there are prints available details should be on https://clarioncc.org/

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels

Thanks but I've had a good look and I can't find any.
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
fastpedaller

Post by fastpedaller »

You could always get the Cyclepassion one :wink:
steady eddy

Post by steady eddy »

The artists who did these also do the covers for Boots and Spurs the Clarion magazine in the same style. It might be worth contacting them directly or just buy a copy of the calendar and cut it up.
mig

Post by mig »

any for 2019?
steady eddy

Post by steady eddy »

Hi mig- The Clarion 2018 calendar was comprised of images from past copies of Boots and Spurs and was put together by West Lothian Clarion to help raise funds for an off road cycle circuit - which will now be going ahead. I think it was a bit of a one off
There is no sign of a 2019 calendar.
Following the retirement of the past editors at the end of 2017, there has been no Boots and Spurs so far this year and no new covers.
Boots and spurs is about to reappear under joint editorship of Andrew Livesey of London Clarion and my self, but at 2 issues a year you might have to wait another 6 years for enough covers to make a calendar.
This year's winter edition, due out before Christmas will have an excellent cover using a painting by sports artist Simon Taylor of the Yates twins at the 2018 Vuelta, both past Clarion Club members. Whilst Simon doesn't feature a calendar on his website you might like to view and/or buy one of his excellent prints
Look him up at Simon-Taylor.com