How much YOU have spent This year on Bike related stuff?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Cyril Haearn

Re: How much YOU have spent This year on Bike related stuff?

Post by Cyril Haearn »

CliveyT wrote:I'm going to be @home between 11-18 every weekend in July being sociable :evil: to visitors to Mrs T's open studio (=back garden!)

To give me something to do I've bought a nice new SON 28 dynamo (in quite a fetching shade of green to match the bike), 3 new rims (I've had a 2 hubs sitting around for some time) spokes etc. With new lights to go with the dynamo that's the best part of £500 gone.
I've also bought two new flat-pack beehives to give me something to hit when I get bored of twanging spokes.

Anyone want to buy a wheel? I'll throw in a couple of pounds of honey to sweeten the deal......

Plus One, demonstrations of traditional crafts: beekeeping and wheelbuilding
Will there be refreshments for visitors?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
The utility cyclist

Post by The utility cyclist »

I think I won last years :mrgreen: I haven't spent anything close to that this year.

Some tools, a couple of jerseys, a nice jacket, couple of pairs of pedals, various bits n bobs, a pair of very lightweight panniers (800g/pair.get in!) new £400 wheels I bagged for £150 from Wiggle outlet, Ultegra build for my 'gravel' bike build including carbon post/bars and a new pair of shoes to match the bike :D comes to a measly £800-£850, deffo a cheap year :lol: 8)
JakobW

Post by JakobW »

Probably about £200 - about £40-50 on consumables (of which I've used about half), and the rest was a rack, new Camper Longflap, and various other bits and bobs. Can't see myself needing to spend any more (though I wouldn't mind a Brompton if the planets align...)
thelawnet

Post by thelawnet »

Just in the process of upgrading one of my MTBs.

It cost originally 6,500,000 IDR (exchange rate is £1 = 19,000, but dividing by 20,000 works well enough)

New Deore M6000 brakes = 1,000,000rp

New Deore XT M786 r/d = 800,000rp

New Saint rear shifter = 500,000rp

New Deathgrip grips (from England) = £16

(FWIW the price difference to the next bike spec above is 3,000,000rp, which gets you the same coil fork with remote lockout (bad idea, fragile rubbish), 15mm thru axles, the M786 r/d, basically the same brakes that I am replacing, but with aluminium levers - so I'm quids in by upgrading)

I've been trying to source some new Schwalbe tyres (they are all made in Indonesia, but the range at retail here is very limited and mostly the lower end ones). I just placed an order online on some G-One's that looked like they were factory rejects for about half presumed retail (£15 ish), but it looks like they had already been sold, as they've refunded me.

I've been wanting a new fork for some time but may make do with a Suntour Epixon, which is around 2,100,000rp, rather than a Rockshox Reba or Recon (around £150-£250?) .

Have just ordered a JIS screwdriver from Japan and a new torque wrench. Need to find a work stand.

Some new Btwin MTB short-sleeved tops (£18 each, not bad at all).

Probably going to buy a new bike next week for my daughter (around another 6.5 million rp). Only problem now is that it's now very hard to find a triple (as there's essentially only one brand available here that's not either rubbish or imported and relatively expensive), and the marketing idiots who decided that a double chainset was a good idea for Indonesia (although perhaps they have an eye on overseas market). I may have to buy an old model.
Cyril Haearn

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Cyril Haearn wrote:€2,49 front lamp bracket, nothing else
Cycled more than 2 000 km so far
Year is not over yet, mind

That was 2017 :?

2019 I upgraded to fixed, the wheel cost €90*, spent €73 on tyres, not much else
* cheapest of three offers

Whatabout costs of accessing these fora, that must be cycling expense too, and buying cycling books/journals?
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Define spent, x2 trips to Mallorca, x1 trip to New Forest week, several weekends away in caravan but cycling related.
That's before I start adding in race entries and buying kit and clothing.

Merry Christmas all
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
dim

Post by dim »

for my touring bike .... close to £3000 and I'm not done yet ... but that includes the £580 I paid for the bike:oops:

(still have to buy the Tubus stainless steel front rack, Ortlieb front and rear pannier bags and new Dynamo lights)

I paid £1195.00 for the rims/wheels hubs and tyres

My other bike is insured with Wiggle for £5149.00 (Dura Ace Di2, powermeter etc etc)

In a couple of months time, I will be done with spending and will have 2 really good bikes
francovendee

Post by francovendee »

£45 , for an ultrasonic cleaning tank and £15 for a bike lock. Yearly mileage much reduced in 2019 so less wear and tear.
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Virtually nothing until I bought an electric bike :D
yakdiver

Post by yakdiver »

£187.16p
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

Maybe 500€: new back wheel, chain ring, new truing stand, cassette, chain. Don't think I got any clothes.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

I was thinking about it today, but decided not to worry about it. It's a lot less than the watch I bought
and less than the furniture I purchased.
gaz

Post by gaz »

About £300, mostly pre-loved kit. Clothing, tyres, lighting, bits and bobs. A fair amount was on topping up the spares pile, a few indulgent luxuries.

Was I supposed to include cake?
hondated

Post by hondated »

2 bikes Koga Miyata £550 Ebay Brilliant bike but unfortunately contrary to advertisement I just couldn't get it to fit me.
Sold it on for £350 and my loss was compensated by a young lad buying it who more or less went straight off on it to tour Europe for two months. Brilliant.
Boardman Adventure bike £650 discounted from £900 as one of my grandsons works part time at Halfords.
MTB front wheel £30 as grandson bent his one.
£30 2 X Cheap cycling tops
£20 Over shoes
£50 Front light.
All money well spent imo. :)
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

A set of new brakes and a few pairs of brake pads ( being discontinued) Since I built my ceramic coated rims I just couldnt get rid of the sqealing and poor brak performance from the old brakes. So got some basic Deore T510 V's ( I think) with Shimano S70C pads. Really good and I think not bad wet performance ( dont go out in the rain much these days) where as the others were lethal. About £60 incl the extra pads
Last edited by mercalia on 30 Dec 2019, 6:04pm, edited 1 time in total.