Cycling leggings/tights

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
SimonCelsa

Cycling leggings/tights

Post by SimonCelsa »

I bought a pair of York tights from Tudor Sports last year and whilst reasonably happy with the quality I do find it difficult getting gear which fits properly. I don't think that I'm of particularly strange scantlings, waist of 32'' & inside leg around 33.5''. OK maybe my legs are a little long but most of the gear for small/medium waist has a leg length in the region of 29-30'' which means I look a little like a clown when togged up in big shoes!!

Anyone know of any leggings/tights manufacturers who design gear with differing leg lengths for a specific waist size. Something like M&S do with their strides i.e 32" long fits great.

Cheers for any advice,

All the best, Simon
Cyril Haearn

Re: Cycling leggings/tights

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Corinne Dennis makes good cycling clothes, I read about her on these fora
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

I had literally just been looking at her site and found her sizing also fairly generic..... i.e small waist / short legs which inspired the original post!!

All the best Simon
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

Lusso will make/adjust to fit. Although I find them a bit long in the leg anyway. I am 32 waist with 32 inside leg and use size L in Lusso bib tights and find the legs are a bit long but ok.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Alternatively plusses and long socks?
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
SimonCelsa

Post by SimonCelsa »

Think I'll go for the bib tights, never tried them before and if I go for a Lusso Large size (33-34" waist), then any slack should be taken up by the shoulder straps so to speak. Wouldn't want the drawers dropping down. The plusses with long socks is basically what the Medium size York tights are on me at present Eileithyia!

Thanks for the suggestions, all the best, Simon
Last edited by SimonCelsa on 10 Jan 2018, 5:34am, edited 1 time in total.
roubaixtuesday

Post by roubaixtuesday »

I have exactly the same problem.

Lusso don't reply to enquiries on the subject.

I've never found anyone who does extra long, so am left with the choice of extra baggy (XL or often XXL to be long enough) or too short.

Having just tried on literally every waterproof jacket in Evans, the only one with long enough sleeves was the paclite. They've a good offer on that now, mind.