back pack

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
orroandy

back pack

Post by orroandy »

hi fellow cyclist went past me today with what i can only describe as a plastic pack on his back with crossed swords motif at the top and a power on/off button below. pack was about 5 to 10 mm thick any ideas what this is quite intrigued many regards thanks in advance andy :D :D :D
busb

Re: back pack

Post by busb »

Because no one has replied, I typed "bags with crossed swords motif" into google that came up with both images & links. You may find a match.
As an aside, google is great for text input but we are a long way off being able to insert a photo or drawing & searching from that.
Welcome to the forum!
whoof

Post by whoof »

A power on and on button, was this them?

jet.jpg
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Backpacks are silly money but an add on kit is cheaper, seems like a good idea.
Attachments
indicator.png
indicator.png (49.28 KiB) Viewed 594 times
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
mjr

Post by mjr »

busb wrote:As an aside, google is great for text input but we are a long way off being able to insert a photo or drawing & searching from that.

It can be done on some search engines, but results are often hilarious.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
busb

Post by busb »

mjr wrote:
busb wrote:As an aside, google is great for text input but we are a long way off being able to insert a photo or drawing & searching from that.

It can be done on some search engines, but results are often hilarious.

The amount of machine intelligence would be massive. I can remember years back seeing a picture of a flattened coke bottle - I could tell it was repurposed as an ashtray but that would tax many people, let alone AI.
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

busb wrote:The amount of machine intelligence would be massive. I can remember years back seeing a picture of a flattened coke bottle - I could tell it was repurposed as an ashtray but that would tax many people, let alone AI.

And that's what worries me about self-driving vehicles - the possibility perhaps of a convoy of trucks converting me and my bike, or my car and its occupants into the equivalent of your coke bottle ashtray!
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
RickH

Post by RickH »

rmurphy195 wrote:And that's what worries me about self-driving vehicles - the possibility perhaps of a convoy of trucks converting me and my bike, or my car and its occupants into the equivalent of your coke bottle ashtray!

But the alternative of a human truck driver doing the same while he's fiddling with his phone/radio/ TV(?) is less bothersome? :?

At least an autonomous vehicle is never distracted or looking in the wrong direction.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.