Cycle Insurance

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
DJGShef

Cycle Insurance

Post by DJGShef »

Looking for a good value policy for my daughter in Leeds (commuter bike).
Any recommendations?
Also, what isn't covered by Cycling UK membership - in other words, what add-ons would you recommend such as third party, legal, etc. for a member versus a non member? (she's not a member but might join if the benefits added up).
Thanks, David
mjr

Re: Cycle Insurance

Post by mjr »

http://www.klwnbug.co.uk/2018/02/08/insurance/ are my latest suggestions. I wouldn't (and haven't) join CUK just for the insurance unless it was required to take part in some ride (CUK member groups and some affiliates).
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
rmurphy195

Post by rmurphy195 »

Try TSB "Pick and Protect" policy
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
softlips

Post by softlips »

You may find you’re home insurance covers her.
PH

Post by PH »

DJGShef wrote:Also, what isn't covered by Cycling UK membership - in other words, what add-ons would you recommend such as third party, legal, etc. for a member versus a non member? (she's not a member but might join if the benefits added up).
Thanks, David

If you're looking for theft insurance, then seeing if it is (Or can be) included on household insurance is probably a good place to start. For a stand alone policy, the TSB one recommended by rmurphy195 is the best value I've found, though I have no experience of making a claim.
As for joining Cycling UK if the benefits add up - I don't think it'll ever add up on that criteria, people join for all sorts of reasons but I think most join because they broadly support what the organisation does.