Brompton bag mount

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Mavis2016

Brompton bag mount

Post by Mavis2016 »

Brompton have the front Ortlieb bag reduced to £82 on their webpage, 2015 model bags. Does anyone know if the mount has changed since 2015? Bike is being built so a current mount will be included.
gaz

Re: Brompton bag mount

Post by gaz »

Surely an e-mail to Brompton along the lines of "will this bag fit my new bike" is the simplest way to get the right answer.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
Mavis2016

Post by Mavis2016 »

Thanks, very helpful.
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

I can’t see why they would change it...

If new bags don’t specify a compatible year then it won’t have done
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Gattonero

Post by Gattonero »

Mavis2016 wrote:Brompton have the front Ortlieb bag reduced to £82 on their webpage, 2015 model bags. Does anyone know if the mount has changed since 2015? Bike is being built so a current mount will be included.

The mount on the frame has always been the same, it's the frame for the bag that recently has been done in a "narrower" version to suit smaller bags (like the small rolltop) but the fitting to the frame has not changed
It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best,
since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them.
Thus you remember them as they actually are...
Mavis2016

Post by Mavis2016 »

Thanks. Bob’s post made sense so I ordered it. It is here already and the mount is the same. Now just the remaining five week wait for the bike.

Really pleased with the price reduction, I would have paid the full asking price otherwise as I wanted ortleib level waterproofing rather than having to add a rain cover.