Opinions on cycle clothes

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
brychan

Opinions on cycle clothes

Post by brychan »

Hi

I purchased these cycle clothes from Chinese sellers through DHGate, 2 jackets one long sleeve 1 short sleeve & 1 pair of shorts cost me £40 in total.

Cube clothing usually cost around £40 - £90 for 1 item. The clothes I purchased look cheaply made and don’t have any thermal lining. So probably use them in the summer months.

My main question besides general opinions is it necessary to have thermal lining in all tight fitting cycle clothes. Photos below

Mike
Attachments
A4378358-B4A9-41E3-88F6-47504A884B88.jpeg
095B3F78-6BCA-440B-A87C-EAFAA7066E9F.jpeg
C1F7808A-F60C-409F-8858-90E7DE6A9A02.jpeg
88AB8BD3-C8F9-4F07-AF5F-1013B23A4241.jpeg
Cyril Haearn

Re: Opinions on cycle clothes

Post by Cyril Haearn »

You can wear a cheap t-shirt underneath, long arms are good too, see live thread about sun protection
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
mattsccm

Post by mattsccm »

Thermal protection? Nope. The whole idea is to stay cool with race spec kit. That's summer kit there. Generally speaking that is. Maybe a vest underneath. Some where I have read that certain combinations of vest and jersey work better than just a jersey. Can't remember where or the details.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Hmm £40 the lot, well you get what you pay for TBH. When I wear summer kit even snug fitting kit I would wear a short sleeved light weight vest underneath.... with maybe using the long sleeved top over as a bit extra for cooler summer days or when the temps start to dip at the end of the day.
Not sure I have ever had any 'thermal' lined short sleeved kit or shorts.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
ANTONISH

Post by ANTONISH »

I bought a couple of trade tops from D H Gate.
The quality seems pretty well on a par with other tops I have purchased - much cheaper of course.
I suppose there is quite a mark up on these items when sold retail in the UK.
It seems to me that many cycling items are manufactured in China.
A couple of my club mates have purchased high end bikes from this company - they don't seem to have any problems.
Of course if we all followed this line it would pretty well destroy the independent cycle trade in this country.