Natural clothing

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
elPedro666

Re: Natural clothing

Post by elPedro666 »

Similarly:

https://www.paramo-clothing.com/en-gb/o ... ycling.php

Any others that offer similar schemes?

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly using hovercraft full of eels.
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

thirdcrank wrote:On the subject of disposing of unwanted jackets etc., it is worth considering giving them to charity. Apart from the obvious charity shops, and the system whereby Rohan offer a discount on new togs if old stuff is donated

"Gift Your Gear" is the scheme Rohan partner with, original Rohan co-founder Sarah Howcroft founded GYG. Rohan have collected for it during September and, happily for the purposes of this thread, March (i..e, it's on right now) for some years now. It's a 15% reduction on non-sale stuff if you want, but if you don't want to indulge in more rampant consumption they'll happily take a donation without selling you anything!

Pete.
Often seen riding a bike around Dundee...
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

Good spot, I hadn't realised they were doing this, not that any of my Paramo stuff seems to be wearing out...

I recycled my original Nevada smock (first thing they ever made) by giving it to a friend :-)

Pete.
pjclinch

Post by pjclinch »

Username wrote:No idea what I wear, all I know is that they are clothes. No idea of what they are made of and how they are manufactured. Cant say I've paid any attention to that. Some of my clothing is water/windproof but I dont know much beyond that.

If it works for you that's fine. As with bikes though, it's possible that there might be something that works better for you if you look in to it a bit more. And when it comes to environmental and ethical credentials ignorance may well be bliss...