Relieving turbo tedium

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Relieving turbo tedium

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
Turbo is always going to be hardcore but its easier than a treadmill which I sported three times last week, one road ride and an hour on the turbo :(
I am still feeling my aching bones now after the week end lounging in front of tv.

It goes like this set it up do the time and relax till tomorrow.

Its been said that you need to do at least 30 mins of continuous exercise for the benefit, I always do 40 mins of anything to be safe :)
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.
Whippet

Post by Whippet »

For easy turbo sessions, I find the Radio 4 In Our Time podcasts help to pass the time.
matlockmark

Post by matlockmark »

Whippet wrote:For easy turbo sessions, I find the Radio 4 In Our Time podcasts help to pass the time.

As it is usually Sunday morning when I use the turbo, I listen to the Archers omnibus - just about the right length for me.
Alan O

Post by Alan O »

My favourite music device for the turbo and for gym sessions is my iPod Shuffle, which weighs hardly anything and clips to my collar.
robing

Post by robing »

I've got the older version of this the sansa clip + and it's great. It's tiny has 8 gig on board plus you can add a micro sd for almost unlimited storage. It clips onto your clothing so I clip it on the back of my shorts out of the way. It even has a radio. I don't use a turbo but I wear the sansa every time I go out on the bike. I don't need a data signal for it to work. It's like carrying my entire music collection with me.
NATURAL ANKLING

Post by NATURAL ANKLING »

Hi,
robing wrote:

I've got the older version of this the sansa clip + and it's great. It's tiny has 8 gig on board plus you can add a micro sd for almost unlimited storage. It clips onto your clothing so I clip it on the back of my shorts out of the way. It even has a radio. I don't use a turbo but I wear the sansa every time I go out on the bike. I don't need a data signal for it to work. It's like carrying my entire music collection with me.

I am thinking of getting one (partner has one) to replace my phone which doubles for everything else, you could probably clip it on your chin strap if you wear one on the road, they have dropped in price too from a few years ago.
NA Thinks Just End 2 End Return + Bivvy - Some day Soon I hope
You'll Still Find Me At The Top Of A Hill
Please forgive the poor Grammar I blame it on my mobile and phat thinkers.