journey tracking app for winphone?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Si

journey tracking app for winphone?

Post by Si »

Anyone suggest a reasonable bike journey tracking app for a windows 10 phone, something that will all a gpx to be saved, will show where you are, how fast you've gone, etc?

In fact something like cyclolite.....which seems to do everything I wont apart from the fact that I can't get it to save gpxs...it says that it wants to send them to dropbox but every time it tries to connect it gives an error (I do have dropbox on the phone, but the app has never asked me for account details).
0xymoron

Re: journey tracking app for winphone?

Post by 0xymoron »

When I had a Windows phone (I changed to android about a year ago) I tried out lots of gps programs, some good, some not so much.

If you want live tracking I preferred Endomondo (I found it much more reliable than MapMyRide, for example). There was (still is?) no native app for Strava, but just before I ditched the Windows phone somebody did come up with an app that connected with Strava (sorry can't remember the name now) - it seemed to work fine for me.

If you want a simple, lightweight app to record, follow, import and export gpx files I found something called GPX viewer worked fine - I think it would even allow you to download maps to use offline, so no need to use up your 4G data allowances when on the move.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/gpx-viewer-and-recorder/9nblggh4w2z7#system-requirements

All of these apps integrated well with Onedrive (I never used Dropbox). If you've got a Microsoft account you've also got a Onedrive account with some free storage.
Si

Post by Si »

Many thanks, i will investigate.
Bsteel

Post by Bsteel »

Sports tracker used to work OK and is still in the Windows store. I just took a look and as of Feb 2018 they've stopped new development but for the moment it should be working OK.
Si

Post by Si »

Thanks