Route 63

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
tykeboy2003

Route 63

Post by tykeboy2003 »

I'm thinking about a 100+ mile ride mostly on Route 63 from Swadlincote (where I live) to West Dereham (Norfolk). I am familiar with this end of the route as far as Bagworth but I was wondering what the off-road sections are like further east. I plan to do the ride on my steel-framed tourer (with 700x32 tyres) and stick to route 63 as far as March, does anyone know what these off-road sections will be like in the summer?
Last edited by tykeboy2003 on 5 Apr 2018, 7:28am, edited 1 time in total.
millimole

Re: Route 63

Post by millimole »

tykeboy2003 wrote:I'm thinking about a 100+ mile ride mostly on Route 63 from Swadlincote (where I live) to West Dereham (Norfolk). I am familiar with this end of the route as far as Bagworth but I was wondering what the off-road sections are like further east. I plan to do the ride on my steel-framed tourer (with 700x32 tyres) and stick to route 63b as far as March, does anyone know what these off-road sections will be like in the summer?
I was walking with my grandchildren in the woods around Ratby earlier today - ok the weather has been exceptional, but the paths on route 63 were dreadful. While I've ridden this route (between Bagworth & Groby) on a bike similar to yours in the dry, and it's ok, but currently I'd say it's unrideable except on an MTB and I think the surface is being chewed up by this winter's weather.

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly using hovercraft full of eels.
Leicester; Riding my Hetchins since 1971; Day rides on my Dawes; Going to the shops on a Decathlon Hoprider
tykeboy2003

Anyone else?

Post by tykeboy2003 »

Any info about route 63 east of Bagworth.....