Cyclist Pear Shape

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Sweep

Re: Cyclist Pear Shape

Post by Sweep »

AnnTrex wrote:. The average track cyclist and road cyclist body shape are completely different - sorry but thats just fact.

Neither are my field. Interesting. Can you elaborate/educate me?

Nice thread by the way - though I do hope you have your husband's informed signed consent.
Sweep
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

Sweep wrote:
AnnTrex wrote:. The average track cyclist and road cyclist body shape are completely different - sorry but thats just fact.

Track squads will tend to split into two camps. Endurance and Sprint teams. Road cyclists tend to double up in endurance teams, which is why you see the likes of Wiggo and Cav on the track in the longer events like a 150 odd lap Madison.

The sprinters are more like body builders physique. Strong upper bodies and oversized thighs also. 1k tends to be a long race for these guys and their type of muscle. Quite different to anything you'd see on the road. A google for Rober Fostermans legs will give you very much the idea (OK, I'll do it for you as it always amuses me :) https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Rober ... 80&bih=499).
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Sweep wrote: though I do hope you have your husband's informed signed consent.

huh?
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
AnnTrex

Post by AnnTrex »

Not sure what consent was needed? im lost
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

AnnTrex wrote:Not sure what consent was needed? im lost

He was being sexist (even though he'll deny it). :roll:
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

sexist how?

sexist is a much misused term.

Often folk who use it don't know what they really mean.

Or want to speak clearly.

Feel free to explain.
Sweep
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Thanks for the reply Ian.

To save me googling, that chap is a road or track person?

Have a feeling I have seen those or similar pics before - and found it hard to believe they weren't photoshopped.

But I assume not.
Sweep
iandriver

Post by iandriver »

Sweep wrote:Thanks for the reply Ian.

To save me googling, that chap is a road or track person?

Have a feeling I have seen those or similar pics before - and found it hard to believe they weren't photoshopped.

But I assume not.

He's a track sprinter. I've seen him and Hoy race several times. It is no Photoshop. Enormous power over short bursts.

The OPs problem is pretty common. Hoy suggested he'd start his own range once.
Supporter of the A10 corridor cycling campaign serving Royston to Cambridge http://a10corridorcycle.com. Never knew gardening secateurs were an essential part of the on bike tool kit until I took up campaigning.....
JakobW

Post by JakobW »

My OH likes dare2b cycling trousers and jeans - slightly frustratingly they seem to change their available styles every so often, but OTOH they often have huge discounts on what's left in their end-of-line/seasonal sales.

Edit: it might also be worth looking at other cycling-specific brands, whose cuts are perhaps more cyclist-friendly? Rapha (I know, I know) do women's jeans - not cheap, but not particularly expensive by fashion denim standards either. Velocity cycle wear started out doing only women's trousers, and I gather some women like swrve's (men's/unisex) cycling jeans (though I find their trousers' cuts tend towards the skinny, so possibly worth trying before you buy - Condor in London are the only bricks and mortar stockist I'm aware of, but there may be others). Vulpine were pretty good at having a reasonably extensive women's range, but I don't know what that's like since the takeover.
Last edited by JakobW on 9 Apr 2018, 9:16pm, edited 3 times in total.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Thanks for the reply Ian.

Have learned something.
Sweep
Vorpal

Post by Vorpal »

Sweep wrote:sexist how?

Feel free to explain.

You seemed to think that something AnnTrex did required her husband's consent. Perhaps it was the bit about the python & the mouse, but when you put it with a compliment about the thread
Nice thread by the way - though I do hope you have your husband's informed signed consent.
it sounds like AnnTrex needs her husbands consent for the thread? Or asking about clothes? I'm not sure. That's why I posted 'huh?' because it didn't make any sense. But in general, if you suggest that a woman needs consent from her husband for anything, it's likely that people will assume that you are saying something sexist.
“In some ways, it is easier to be a dissident, for then one is without responsibility.”
― Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom
De Sisti

Post by De Sisti »

:roll:
Sweep wrote:sexist how?

Feel free to explain.

I knew exactly what I meant when I used that term. :roll:
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

Well since this is presumably a forum for communication please tell me/us.

I am not in the habit of responding to unspecified undefined charges.

And on topic it is still a good and educational thread.

And no doubt useful to the OP.
Sweep
Sum

Post by Sum »

Sweep wrote:Well since this is presumably a forum for communication please tell me/us.

I am not in the habit of responding to unspecified undefined charges.

And on topic it is still a good and educational thread.

And no doubt useful to the OP.

Vorpal's post has communicated the matter in a suitably specific and defined manner. Did you miss it?

Edit: the link didn't work.
Last edited by Sum on 11 Apr 2018, 7:00pm, edited 1 time in total.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

iandriver wrote:
Sweep wrote:

Track squads will tend to split into two camps. Endurance and Sprint teams. Road cyclists tend to double up in endurance teams, which is why you see the likes of Wiggo and Cav on the track in the longer events like a 150 odd lap Madison.

The sprinters are more like body builders physique. Strong upper bodies and oversized thighs also. 1k tends to be a long race for these guys and their type of muscle. Quite different to anything you'd see on the road. A google for Rober Fostermans legs will give you very much the idea (OK, I'll do it for you as it always amuses me :) https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Rober ... 80&bih=499).

Bodies are ectomorphs, endomorphs or something in between. Trackies especially sprinters have more 'short fire' muscle fibres.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells