health Insurance

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
peevafred

health Insurance

Post by peevafred »

Does any one know of a reasonable insurance for someone who has had a heart operation and now is cycling again . I am planning a cycle trip to France and Spain .I have searched and find that some of the deals are very expensive.
many thanks
vernon

Re: health Insurance

Post by vernon »

peevafred wrote:Does any one know of a reasonable insurance for someone who has had a heart operation and now is cycling again . I am planning a cycle trip to France and Spain .I have searched and find that some of the deals are very expensive.
many thanks

I could be wrong but I think that you'll find that most companies will load their premiums and a cheap policy will not exist. Have you tried one of the mutiple comany searching websites like moneysupermarkets.com?

There might even be a case for approaching one of the old fashioned insurance brokers who can be a better bet than some of the online offerings.
HarryD

Post by HarryD »

Can the British Heart Foundation help? They generally do more than just raise money for research
DavidT

Insurance

Post by DavidT »

Hi there

I have a congentital heart problem plus some other related complications, and have found insurance very difficult.

However I am certainly in a position to recommend Liverpool Victoria (LV). Although quotes can be expensive, at least I find they have quoted, unlike some.

Have'nt used them for travel insurance, but they may do this?

Good luck and best wishes.

David
Jac

Post by Jac »

Hi Peevafred - have sent a pm with some info - hope it is helpful
andymiller

Post by andymiller »

Presumably you're not worried about treatment for your heart but you want to insure against having an accident. I've always found this the easiest approach is to just declare a pre-existing condition then get the company to exclude the condition from coverage.

If you're travelling with an E111 card in France and Spain you should be OK if you do need to go to see a doctor about your heart.

I've always found Fortis Insurance/ActivCard to be very reasonable (though I have lymphoma rather than a heart condition). Fortis Insurance is only available via brokers but ActivCard are online.
peevafred

Post by peevafred »

Thanks evryone we have narrowed it down and will see what we can do. Thanks for the replies they are a help
peevafred
Manx Cat

Post by Manx Cat »

I dont know your age, but Age Concern are fantastic at finding out about all sorts of stuff, if your 50 or above you can contact them, and they will get you the best deal.

They sorted out MIL with house insurance, speeded up the blue disabled badge that we needed for the car to get her to and fro the hospital, organised her Will for us and sorted out the power of attorney at no charge either to MIL or us. (had to pay the insurance bit of course).

Dont forget their charitable status and give them a donation.

Mary Jane