Aldi cycling stuff april 29

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
MikeF

Re: Aldi cycling stuff april 29

Postby MikeF » 30 Apr 2018, 4:14pm

LinusR wrote:A cycle trailer for 85 quid! https://www.aldi.co.uk/bikemate-children%27s-bike-trailer/p/096137209100400 I'm minded to get this to transport stuff like bulky items that won't fit in the saddlebag and for the same price as a large saddlebag. Anyone know anything about the brand? Is this Aldi own brand?

[edit] and a bike repair stand for 25 quid https://www.aldi.co.uk/bikemate-bike-repair-stand/p/095970196813700
And I notice the children are wearing helmets even when it's being used as a pushchair. Is it that unsafe? !!! :roll:
"It takes a genius to spot the obvious" - my old physics master

LinusR

Postby LinusR » 2 May 2018, 8:51am

MikeF wrote:[And I notice the children are wearing helmets even when it's being used as a pushchair. Is it that unsafe? !!! :roll:

Promoting "Paranoid Parenting".

"It was apparent that ‘outdoors’ had become a no-go area for many youngsters, and that the majority of parents did not even allow their offspring to walk to school on their own.

"The idea that children were too vulnerable to be allowed to take risks had already become entrenched. ... Little did they suspect that paranoia towards the safety of children was about to expand even further and encompass even children’s experiences that it had hitherto not touched.

"In recent years, banning children from activities that appear remotely adventurous has become an institution of British political life. It seems that kids are so feeble that we must protect them from everything. (Ferudi, 2008: http://www.frankfuredi.com/site/article/272) [Note to moderators: this is a comment about parenting not h*lm*ts.]

mercalia

Postby mercalia » 2 May 2018, 10:32am

well I am susprised that you dont see children wearing helmits when playing on those play ground fixtures. remember the roundabout things you had to hold onto for dear life as you got them up to speed :lol: do you see them around anymore?

mercalia

Postby mercalia » 3 Aug 2019, 10:30am

Sweep wrote:That's very good of them.

I well remember taking some food item back to Safeways once that had insects in the packaging - was expecting compensation/hush money - they just took it back.

Lidl have been doing some interesting lights of late.

Their wine gums are an excellent bonk avoiding boost.

And their strong vintage cider - over 7 per cent, not much more than £1 a bottle, is excellent for post ride recovery in the sun.

Lidl
this week end have Woodgate vintage cider 500ml as one of their 1/2 price offers 69p rather than £1.15. 7% proof. I tried a bottle of this the other week and quite nice on a hot day from the fridge. max 6 bottles.