Does anyone know the best way to cross the Norwich Northern Distributor Road (NDR)

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
paddler

Re: Does anyone know the best way to cross the Norwich Northern Distributor Road (NDR)

Post by paddler »

Bsteel wrote:
paddler wrote:As an aside, I rode Marriotts Way from Aylsham to Whitwell a few days ago and there was only one slightly boggy bit -about ten metres or so - near Reepham. The rest was fine, obviously in the winter or during wet periods it gets the usual puddles that any unpaved path gets.

Do you have any idea of the condition of the Weavers way between Aylsham and North Walsham which is shown as allowing bikes ?

Apologies to the OP for drifting off topic.

I've both cycled and ran that section many times - not recently though. However, I don't imagine it's changed too much. The first few hundred metres from the bypass at Aylsham was never that good for riding on - it's basically just a narrow path beside a field. After that, though, it was always good all the way to North Walsham. I'll have a look if you like, but it won't be until next week unfortunately.

From North Walsham to Stalham is worth a look as well.

Dave
Bsteel

Re: Does anyone know the best way to cross the Norwich Northern Distributor Road (NDR)

Post by Bsteel »

paddler wrote:[I've both cycled and ran that section many times

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try next time I'm in Aylsham as an alternative to the Bure Valley Railway path.
John_S

Post by John_S »

Hi All,

Many thanks for the extra replies which are much appreciated and very helpful!

Re: using Google Street View that was actually my first port of call which I tried before posting my message. However unfortunately, as mjr has referred to, the NDR is too new and it only shows the old road. I guess this is to be expected because I've no idea with what frequency Google send their camera cars around to an area when a road network changes but with this road being so new it's not happened yet.

Thanks for the tips in respect of the Marriotts Way and I have used this before and will do again at some point. This week I'm going in the direction of Cromer to join up with family who will already be camping there and I'll be leaving after work and so I want to take a fairly direct route if possible.

Therefore I've decided that on this occasion I'll be giving the Buxton Road route a try.

Thanks to everyone for all of the feedback which is much appreciated.

John