NCN6 weirdness

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Cyril Haearn

Re: NCN6 weirdness

Post by Cyril Haearn »

Plus One, it's great to learn and understand routes on the ground, not just from maps

I know Wales Cymru very well, can anyone describe the village Wales?
Diolch yn fawr iawn
Entertainer, juvenile, curmudgeon, PoB, 30120
Cycling-of course, but it is far better on a Gillott
We love safety cameras, we hate bullies
100%JR

Post by 100%JR »

Cyril Haearn wrote:I know Wales Cymru very well, can anyone describe the village Wales?

Just a typical South Yorkshire ex-mining village.Nothing at all remarkable about it :|
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

ibbo68 wrote:
Cyril Haearn wrote:I know Wales Cymru very well, can anyone describe the village Wales?

Just a typical South Yorkshire ex-mining village.Nothing at all remarkable about it :|

Reminds me of a humorous incident from a few years back. Company I worked for (in south Sheffield) sent goods all over the country, one of the drivers loaded up, checked his paperwork and set off. The bosses were alerted something was up when the customer in Wales (less than 10 miles from the factory!) rang to find where the delivery was.
This being pre mobile phones they couldn't contact the driver and it was several hours later that he rang the office - from south Wales as in Cymru. Don't think he ever lived it down but he did check the delivery addresses better after that. :lol:
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!
jazzkitten

Post by jazzkitten »

Haha! Bet he wasn't the first and probably not the last to make the mistake - less forgivable these days I suppose because of SatNav.
:D :lol: