Cycle ability training for those not at school?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Greenhedgehog

Cycle ability training for those not at school?

Post by Greenhedgehog »

Hello.

My children are home educated. Does anyone know if they can receive the sort of training I was lucky enough to get at school?

We are starting to ride on the road and I'm not sure I remember it all well enough to teach it myself.

Thank you.
drossall

Re: Cycle ability training for those not at school?

Post by drossall »

The starting point would be the Bikeability Web site. I don't know what the local provision would be, but you haven't said whether you're expecting to arrange it yourself or are looking for local authority provision.
1066enthalpies1939

Post by 1066enthalpies1939 »

Greenhedgehog wrote:Hello.

My children are home educated. Does anyone know if they can receive the sort of training I was lucky enough to get at school?

We are starting to ride on the road and I'm not sure I remember it all well enough to teach it myself.

Thank you.

Where do you live?
Xilter

Post by Xilter »

I can’t vouch for the company. But when I was a tyre fitter I had one of these vans roll through my garage.

http://www.singletrackschool.co.uk/cour ... gLRPfD_BwE

So I know what your looking for does exist.
My poor poor bottom
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Our local council does a session each summer holidays at a local school.
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

Indeed look for bikeability, courses are run for all sorts of ages and genders...

For children look for your local GoRide club (also via BC website) as there will be one in somewhere near you (hopefully) and they do a variety of cycle skills training.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells