How do you get feedback from the Nexbase/Egress site

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
rmurphy195

How do you get feedback from the Nexbase/Egress site

Post by rmurphy195 »

Submitted report on close pass some time ago through the Nexbase dashcam reporting site site (or whatever its called). Registered for access to get updates, can find my report when I log in (the Egress thing) but when I try and get feedback - e.g. "What is the outcome of this complaint please?" it all seems to have disappeared into a black hole.

Currently feeling cynical about the whole thing...
Brompton, Condor Heritage, creaky joints and thinning white (formerly grey) hair
""You know you're getting old when it's easier to ride a bike than to get on and off it" - quote from observant jogger !
thirdcrank

Re: How do you get feedback from the Nexbase/Egress site

Post by thirdcrank »

I presume that this works by passing your footage to the police force covering the area where the incident happened. What they do with it will depend on them, not Nextbase. If there was going to be any formal action, I'd assume somebody would contact you. I'd stress that's only an assumption but I don't see how something can be taken further without being sure about the attitude of the witness - in this case you.

I think the only way to find out, or at least try, is by contacting the relevant police force and asking.
======================================================
We did have some discussion about this before
viewtopic.php?p=1248755#p1248755
Richard D

Re: How do you get feedback from the Nexbase/Egress site

Post by Richard D »

I received no contact whatsoever after I submitted footage of a driver delivering a too-close pass to a group of us about two months ago.