Winter wear tights

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
flat tyre

Winter wear tights

Post by flat tyre »

The change in the weather has got me looking at my winter cycling wardrobe (well actually a shelf as the rest of the clothes cupboards are taken up with Mrs FT's finery). On those really cold days in the winter (i.e. Beast from the East type) I've been wearing summer shorts with unpadded bib tights over the top and found this to be ideal. However the bib tights need replacing and I can't seem to find any unpadded bib tights for sale. Anyone any suggestions?
landsurfer

Re: Winter wear tights

Post by landsurfer »

Planet X clubman range .... good kit.
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
tatanab

Post by tatanab »

Buy direct from the manufacturer, Lusso https://lusso.bike/product-category/mens/bibtights/
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Lusso Max Repel Bib Tights for all but the worst weather. The nearest thing to magic available.

This is the first relevant google hit I found and they are out-of-stock :(

https://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/lusso-ma ... ts-no-pad/

tatanab beat me to it, so this is a +1
foxyrider

Post by foxyrider »

I had to dig my winter bibs out today, a pair of Endura Pro's that are about to start their 4th winter. They have a decent seat so don't need an extra layer - bit weird at first but they've kept me warm on minus degree rides with just a jersey and thermal jacket (a Lidl special!) the winter bibs weren't cheap but they've given sterling service so far.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!