Bike workshop near Arnside

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
GeorgeDR

Bike workshop near Arnside

Post by GeorgeDR »

Hello-I recently moved to Arnside. Can anyone recommend a good local bike workshop for ongoing maintenance/repairs? thanks.
cycleruk

Re: Bike workshop near Arnside

Post by cycleruk »

The nearest that I know off is Lakeland Cycles at Carnforth :-
https://www.yell.com/biz/lakeland-cycle ... h-1180615/
Never used them myself but they have been there a good few years.

Next would be Kendal, I don't know any specifics but there are some if you Google.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
grufty

Post by grufty »

Saw a mobile bike mechanic van recently, bikeranger.co.uk
Tangled Metal

Post by Tangled Metal »

Lakeland cycles at Bolton le sands - open Thursday to Saturday but only for a long as they want to, ie if business is slow they sometimes close early. I have my doubts about their work.

Dynatech in Carnforth - some rate them but my partner really wasn't impressed and work on mine was poor. Adjusted gears needed adjusting 10 minutes after I left the shop.

There's a mobile mechanic so collects your bike too work on. Cheap and OK work I think. He works from a base in BLS so no idea if Arnside is in his patch.

If you really need a good job done on your bike then IMHO wheelbase in Staveley is the only place in the area. I use them and I'm further south than you.

I've used edge cycle works in Lancaster. Their work is solid enough but a little expensive. At least I trust what they've done on my bike.

Also there is a new bike shop along Caton Road in Lancaster called on yer bike. They're Burnley / Blackburn based but have just opened up this year in Lancaster and come across as keen to get a foothold in the area. They seem reasonable when I've talked to them. I'm tempted to use them.
bluerst

Post by bluerst »

Lakeland in BLS are characters and do a good job.

In addition to previous posts there is a Leisure Lakes at the top of Lancaster. Wheelbase in Staveley isn't that far, and there's Escape Bike Shop, between Kirby Lonsdale and Ingleton.