Which campagnolo levers would be compatible with my Centaur 3 x 10 groupset

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Iloveyfronts

Which campagnolo levers would be compatible with my Centaur 3 x 10 groupset

Post by Iloveyfronts »

Hi guys new to this but I pulled my Bianchi Nirone bike (2011) out of the shed only to find that the 10 speed shifter has cracked and broken a pice off the body. Trying to replace it has been a long and none fruitful exercise. So I'm looking to replace the shifters, can anyone suggest an alternative which will work. Like I said I'm new to Road bikes (I still call them racers). Brought the bike about 5 years ago and only ridden it twice and have mow decided to jump on the saddle after years of downhill and trail riding thanks
slowster

Re: Which campagnolo levers would be compatible with my Centaur 3 x 10 groupset

Post by slowster »

Even though you have had no luck replacing the broken part, I suggest you provide more details about exactly what part is broken, and what lengths you have gone to in order to find a replacement part. It's possible that someone on the forum who is more knowledgeable might be able to point you in the right direction to get the shifter repaired.

I suspect that in a lot of cases complete 3 x 10 Campag shifters would be more difficult to replace than individual spart parts.

I suggest you tell us exactly what part is damaged. You presumably already know the part number in question from your previous efforts to replace it, but if not, I think you should be able to find it on the Campag website. Velotech, one of the Campag UK service centres, advises as follows on its website (http://www.velotech-cycling.ltd.uk/campagnolo_faq.shtml):

Q: Is there a manual available with Campagnolo Technical information in it?

A: Yes, there is. Almost all Campagnolo technical information is publically available at the Campagnolo website in PDF form and it can be downloaded and saved. Go to http://www.campagnolo.com, then look for "Support" and "Documentation".

NB Chicken Cycle Kit sell both Ultra-Shift and Quick-Shift 10x Ergo bodies:

https://www.chickencyclekit.co.uk/rocket/category.php?cat=167&resultstyle=ROWS&shownresults=30&orderls=2&amount=%C2%A30+-+%C2%A34000&targets=10x
cycleruk

Post by cycleruk »

Left shifter or right one ?
There should be a name on the front of the shifter.
Ebay is a possible source of single ones if you can find a match.
You'll never know if you don't try it.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

slowster wrote:Even though you have had no luck replacing the broken part, I suggest you provide more details about exactly what part is broken, and what lengths you have gone to in order to find a replacement part. It's possible that someone on the forum who is more knowledgeable might be able to point you in the right direction to get the shifter repaired.

I suspect that in a lot of cases complete 3 x 10 Campag shifters would be more difficult to replace than individual spart parts.

I suggest you tell us exactly what part is damaged. You presumably already know the part number in question from your previous efforts to replace it, but if not, I think you should be able to find it on the Campag website. Velotech, one of the Campag UK service centres, advises as follows on its website (http://www.velotech-cycling.ltd.uk/campagnolo_faq.shtml):

Q: Is there a manual available with Campagnolo Technical information in it?

A: Yes, there is. Almost all Campagnolo technical information is publically available at the Campagnolo website in PDF form and it can be downloaded and saved. Go to http://www.campagnolo.com, then look for "Support" and "Documentation".

To be fair to the original poster, that advice from Velotech is now somewhat old. My experience of using the Campag website to find old documentation in the last two years has been "nothing actually available". I suspect someone has updated the website and stuff which is older than this year or last has not been added. Its also part of what seems to be a pattern at Campag to move away from having spares available, to one closer to the other brands where components are largely disposable rather than rebuild-able. Not helped by one of the UK's most helpful Campag service agents retiring and winding up their business.

That said, an email to Velotech might get some advice on how to get the shifter rebuilt, provided some more specific detail was provided such as "left or right".
Bowedw

Post by Bowedw »

Grab yourself some Veloce shifters which I believe are still available but from less and less shops. I have both Centour and Veloce and believe they are near enough identical.
Brucey

Post by Brucey »

Nigel wrote: To be fair to the original poster, that advice from Velotech is now somewhat old. My experience of using the Campag website to find old documentation in the last two years has been "nothing actually available". I suspect someone has updated the website and stuff which is older than this year or last has not been added.....

managed to access a load of stuff from the noughties just a few days ago. Website has been revised, but lots of content still there.

cheers
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Brucey~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Yep.
All the documentation is still there.
https://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/sitemap/index.jsp
Click on Support at the top of the page, then Documentation from the drop-down menu.
Mick F. Cornwall