Sprintech Mirrors

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
pedalsheep

Sprintech Mirrors

Post by pedalsheep »

Has anyone used the Sprintech mirrors advertised in the latest Cycle magazine? Are they any good?
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.
deliquium

Re: Sprintech Mirrors

Post by deliquium »

I used them a few years ago when I had drop handlebars. Initially I was very pleased. They were neat and easy to install/set up. But over time the plastic lenses became scratched, dull and less useful. Also they're rather small.

All my bikes are non drop bars now and all have the superb, highly recommended, large field of vision, scratchless/dull-less glass lensed Mirrycle bar end mirrors. There was a time a couple of years ago when Laxzo were auctioning them on eBay - I 'won' at least three sets for less than £7 each inc postage :D
Current pedalable joys

"you would be surprised at the number of people in these parts who nearly are half people and half bicycles"
Paulatic

Post by Paulatic »

I saw them in the mag and thought they looked neat and a reasonable price. I was interested but further googling put me off them as previously mentioned
deliquium wrote:. But over time the plastic lenses became scratched, dull and less useful. Also they're rather small.

search.php?keywords=Sprintech
Whatever I am, wherever I am, this is me. This is my life

https://stcleve.wordpress.com/category/lejog/
E2E info
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

deliquium wrote:I used them a few years ago when I had drop handlebars. Initially I was very pleased. They were neat and easy to install/set up. But over time the plastic lenses became scratched, dull and less useful. Also they're rather small.

All my bikes are non drop bars now and all have.....

And for the drop-bar user, I suggest the smaller B&M mirror (Cyclestar 901/2) without any extending stalks. Seems robust enough, survives the odd bike drop (mirror might ping off its mount, but pings back on again). Simple to fit, easy to adjust, etc... Had it on my winter bike for several years, and another bike (with flat bars) has the same mirror for over six years. Doesn't fade or corrode away.

- Nigel.
SYNAPSE_DAN

Post by SYNAPSE_DAN »

I hadn't seen the article in the Magazine for a couple of reasons.

I had ordered these mirrors myself for my bike about 5 weeks ago. They are Fantastic and worth every penny.....
They were recommended to me be a member of the CTC who had used them for a few years and he said to me they were fantastic.
I like to support my local bike shop, but they didn't have any nor could I find them at Evans or Tredz so I must sadly admit, I paid about £24 for them on Amazon.

I have been struggling with a bad back and twisting around has been a problem. I have had other cheap mirrors that have been rubbish.
5 Weeks in and a couple of hundred miles of use on the road in a group and on my own, they are the best mirrors I have ever owned.
LollyKat

Post by LollyKat »

I tried them a few years ago and though they were better than nothing the image was too small (with my eyesight) to be a great deal of use. I soon replaced them with the B&M Cyclestar mentioned above - I find them excellent and they are fitted to all the family bikes.
Mick F
Spambuster

Post by Mick F »

Italian Road Bike Mirror.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14074

Been there, done it.
Rubbish in the end. I lost the mirror glass twice, so gave up.
Bike2.jpg
Mick F. Cornwall
pedalsheep

Post by pedalsheep »

Thanks all. Seems like the B&M cycle star would be the best way to go.
'Why cycling for joy is not the most popular pastime on earth is still a mystery to me.'
Frank J Urry, Salute to Cycling, 1956.