dont ask a copper

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Pastychomper

Re: dont ask a copper

Post by Pastychomper »

Cugel wrote:
Well, I have been propositioned by a Jersey cow, some sheep and several dogs. I think they were propositioning me. I could tell by the look in their eyes.

I was once accosted by a large tomcat. He had been confined in a cattery for a fortnight which was full of the opposite gender - unavailable by way of the wire meshes. When he got home his hormones were flowing wildly and so my left leg was severely propositioned, with the claws of all four paws providing the purchase for the yowling furryfrotbag!

It was no easy matter to remove the amorous beast, let me tell you. At least the Jersey cow merely gave me a come-on look. Those eyelashes!

Cugel

I've been propositioned by a Jersey cow more than once, some of them are crazy when on heat. In my case it wasn't the eyelashes, but the way she reared up behind me and tried to get a leg over one shoulder. Once she succeeded, pushed me through a wire fence* and spent the next five minutes being shouted at and chased around the field.

*The fence broke, not me, which made the chasing easier.
Everyone's ghast should get a good flabbering now and then.
--Ole Boot
recumbentpanda

Post by recumbentpanda »

foxychick wrote:Now if the driver of the white van had made a racist comment we would have seen scores of police trying to catch him, the met employs over a thousand police offers just trawling the internet looking for hate crimes, yet if you get burgled it is treated about as serious as throwing a sweet wrapper on the floor, the country has become a cesspit of political correctness and do not expect common sense to break out any time soon!

This is a complete myth. The correct figure is five officers. For the whole country.

Nor are they ‘trawling’. Like any other police they deal with reported crime.

It is the sort of myth that seems to be commonly put about by people who are outraged at the merest hint that it might be nice if they were reasonably considerate and polite toward other people who happen to be finished in a different colour to them (usually the darker shades).

As for police always acting more swiftly on racism, ask a brown person. You may be surprised by their experiences.
Cugel

Post by Cugel »

recumbentpanda wrote:
foxychick wrote:Now if the driver of the white van had made a racist comment we would have seen scores of police trying to catch him, the met employs over a thousand police offers just trawling the internet looking for hate crimes, yet if you get burgled it is treated about as serious as throwing a sweet wrapper on the floor, the country has become a cesspit of political correctness and do not expect common sense to break out any time soon!

This is a complete myth. The correct figure is five officers. For the whole country.

Nor are they ‘trawling’. Like any other police they deal with reported crime.

It is the sort of myth that seems to be commonly put about by people who are outraged at the merest hint that it might be nice if they were reasonably considerate and polite toward other people who happen to be finished in a different colour to them (usually the darker shades).

As for police always acting more swiftly on racism, ask a brown person. You may be surprised by their experiences.

I recall this stupid cry from the time I worked in the local office of what was then the DHSS. "If my face were black I'd be treated much more nicely!" The standard reply was, "No such faces have yet appeared here, sir, as they all seem to be in work or otherwise paying taxes to keep you in benefits".

Of course neither statement was true but in the conversations with silly wee racists one finds oneself reverting to their preferred mode (made-up-stuff). :-)

And these days, as any fule no, there is still an inclination amongst some of the very few rozzers left to us, after the Maybot decimations of their number, to implement a prejudice of exactly the opposite kind claimed to be operated by the Foolishchicken. Woe betide any dark-skinned one found in a domain where a crime has or may be committed, even if s/he is a pillar of the community!

Cugel
“Practical men who believe themselves to be quite exempt from any intellectual influence are usually the slaves of some defunct economist”.
John Maynard Keynes