Dangerous Radiation?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Cunobelin

Re: Dangerous Radiation?

Post by Cunobelin »

foxyrider wrote:Decathlon have no obvious tags - they sew them into garments - our shop was a short way from the local store and it was a regular thing that they'd set our detectors off.

Personally I think helmet lights are a bad idea for road riding, the rear light often can't be seen at all and the front is constantly changing direction which can confuse anyone you approach. Of course this is made much worse when they are (illegally, lighting should be fixed to the cycle and strictly speaking should not flash) used as the only lighting on a bike.

Wrong on both counts, I am afraid.

They are perfectly legal if you also have the required lighting on the cycle itself, it is their use that is the issue, the lights themselves ARE legal

Secondly flashing lights are perfectly legal as well, since 2005
foxyrider

Re: Dangerous Radiation?

Post by foxyrider »

Cunobelin wrote:
foxyrider wrote:Decathlon have no obvious tags - they sew them into garments - our shop was a short way from the local store and it was a regular thing that they'd set our detectors off.

Personally I think helmet lights are a bad idea for road riding, the rear light often can't be seen at all and the front is constantly changing direction which can confuse anyone you approach. Of course this is made much worse when they are (illegally, lighting should be fixed to the cycle and strictly speaking should not flash) used as the only lighting on a bike.

Wrong on both counts, I am afraid.

They are perfectly legal if you also have the required lighting on the cycle itself, it is their use that is the issue, the lights themselves ARE legal

Secondly flashing lights are perfectly legal as well, since 2005

Okay pedant - the lights are legal, its their deployment that isn't and around here at least a lot of commuters do not have any fixed lights which strictly speaking is illegal - the authorities are not bothered as long as some sort of light is used, 'legal' or not.
Convention? what's that then?
Airnimal Chameleon touring, Orbit Pro hack, Orbit Photon audax, Focus Mares AX tour, Peugeot Carbon sportive, Owen Blower vintage race - all running Tulio's finest!