waterproof cycling jacket repair-bristol area

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
martinn

waterproof cycling jacket repair-bristol area

Post by martinn »

Hi all,

I had a bit of an off the other week, pride a little road rash and clothing were the main injuries sustained.
I managed to put a couple of large tears into my very nice showerspass jacket. The company in the US offered to repair i, but as I am in the UK thought it would be better to try to the repairs here. (Showerspass have a excellent customer service, replying to my questions within 24hrs, and sending me a large swatch of material and seam tape for free)
So I have the material, and seam tape, I could buy the glue which they recommend and have a go myself, or I could get a professional to do the repair.
So are there any ideas of who I could send all this to to get a really good repair? Ideally local to Bristol. I have tried to contact at least one Bristol shop, but after nearly a week they still haven't replied.

So has the collective knowledge got any ideas?

many thanks

Martin
PH

Re: waterproof cycling jacket repair-bristol area

Post by PH »

+1 for Showerpass's UK service, always helpful.
Sorry don't know of any repairers in Bristol or elsewhere, though I'm not sure they would/could do a better job. I've patched a Goretex jacket with Seam Grip, it lasted the life of the jacket. I tried and failed to match the material and if I was doing it again I would instead use something contrasting as a feature.
delilah

Post by delilah »

These people may be able to help you
Lancs Sports Repairs
http://www.lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/index.htm
And Scottish mountain gear repair
http://www.scottishmountaingear.com/
But not in Bristol.
Bmblbzzz

Post by Bmblbzzz »

If they've sent you the appropriate material and seam tape, you could ask a local tailor to repair for you, maybe?