Whatever happened to Bikesters?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
AndyK

Re: Whatever happened to Bikesters?

Post by AndyK »

I just had a marketing email from Polaris which reminded me of this thread. They do something they call "Bikeze road tights" which are very similar to Bikesters but a tiny bit thicker and brushed on the inside, so they're slightly warmer. I've had a pair for a while and they seem fine, but I've only worn them a few times. Anyway the email says they're £10 in the sale, so they might be worth a try.
TrevA

Post by TrevA »

JakobW wrote:Are there any recommended braces for trousers like the Tudor Sports ones? They can be a bit saggy, especially when damp, and if I'm going to moon following traffic I'd prefer it to be an intentional choice... :wink:

I've always used the standard braces that you find in some men's tailoring and clothes shops.
Sherwood CC and Notts CTC.
A cart horse trapped in the body of a man.
http://www.jogler2009.blogspot.com
philsknees

Post by philsknees »

Or try searching "men's cycling braces" on the interweb. Some snappy, if expensive, novelty examples with cyclists pictured on yellow or blue backgrounds, or more staid & cheaper models are also out there.
Intriguing that some of them are quoted as "suitable for chest size up to"?
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

AndyK. Thanks for the link. I've ordered a pair plus several other items that were very tempting at £10. Didn't quite qualify for free postage :D
PH

Post by PH »

AndyK wrote:I just had a marketing email from Polaris which reminded me of this thread. They do something they call "Bikeze road tights" which are very similar to Bikesters but a tiny bit thicker and brushed on the inside, so they're slightly warmer. I've had a pair for a while and they seem fine, but I've only worn them a few times. Anyway the email says they're £10 in the sale, so they might be worth a try.

Thanks for that, though by the time I'd got round to ordering they'd gone up a fiver. Wore them for the first time yesterday and they're a fine replacement for bikesters.
AndyK

Post by AndyK »

Glad to hear it. I really should start charging them commission. :-)
jamesofyorkshire

Post by jamesofyorkshire »

I bought numerous pairs of Tracksters and more Bikesters as they came up on Fleabay. Never paid more than a fiver. Having had the originals of both from new, I know what to look for (red stripe/white stripe). Unbelievably comfortable clothing.....good for hiking, biking, lounging, driving, working. Might not be a great look but who gives a ***t.
Caroline T

Post by Caroline T »

Hi. I have 2 pairs of Ronhill Bikesters, size XL. They're black and have never been out of their original packaging. My husband won't wear them now, as he's ill, so I'm open to offers (plus postage) if anyone is interested. Thanks.
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

Yes please ,Pm sent