Genesis Longitude sizing

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
reohn2

Re: Genesis Longitude sizing

Postby reohn2 » 12 Sep 2019, 10:05am

staffo wrote:Which size did you guys go for in the end? I currently have a similar dilemma though I’m smaller at 5’6. I have one bike shop advising a small and another medium. The fella who advised medium is a similar height to me and rides a medium himself. He’s very kindly offered to let me try his bike later this week.

Take up his offer,but at 6ft(1.83m)I ride a medium(17.8inch).That said I could manage a large(19inch)easy enough but wanted the lower stand over of the Medium.
It's all down to reach and stand over with compact geometry,if you're happy on a medium all's well :)
-----------------------------------------------------------
I cycle therefore I am.

staffo

Postby staffo » 12 Sep 2019, 6:27pm

Fingers crossed I’ll be having a ride on the medium tomorrow. I reckon the top tube may be a bit snug and the reach a bit long. My mate comfortably rides a large and he’s 5’10 :shock:

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 12 Sep 2019, 6:28pm

staffo wrote:Fingers crossed I’ll be having a ride on the medium tomorrow. I reckon the top tube may be a bit snug and the reach a bit long. My mate comfortably rides a large and he’s 5’10 :shock:

If it is you definitely need a small.
I cycle therefore I am.

staffo

Postby staffo » 13 Sep 2019, 3:30pm

Had a decent ride on the medium this lunch time and it felt fine. No problem with standover and didn't feel stretched on it. The bike did have a set of the On One Jones copies on which affect the reach. The main advantage of the Medium over the Small is the extra bottle cage and more luggage space in the main triangle.

reohn2

Postby reohn2 » 13 Sep 2019, 4:24pm

staffo wrote:Had a decent ride on the medium this lunch time and it felt fine. No problem with standover and didn't feel stretched on it. The bike did have a set of the On One Jones copies on which affect the reach. The main advantage of the Medium over the Small is the extra bottle cage and more luggage space in the main triangle.

If it feels right then it more than likely is :)
And I agree about the larger frame triangle,I have a Blackburn Outback medium sized frame bag on mine which,just leaves enough space for a bottle in the cage on the seatube,though not on the downtube,unzipped and extended the B/burn O/back bag fits perfectly between t/tube and d/tube with a lot of capacity.Nice bag,I like it.
If I need a second bottle I have a cage on the underside of the d/tube but rarely use it.

BTW,the chap who's bike you tested has excellent taste in handlebars :D
I cycle therefore I am.