Cycle Insurance - any good ones?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
garibaldi

Re: Cycle Insurance - any good ones?

Post by garibaldi »

PH wrote:
rmurphy195 wrote:
garibaldi wrote:Just got an online quote from TSB and it came to £471.32 for bike insurance only which... seems quite steep!

I'll take the above advice and look into brokers. I don't really mind carrying a gold grade lock when out and about in town or having to use it at home. A bit less keen taking it on long rides but there's also less risk of the bike being stolen in that context.

Thanks

Much scratching of head - I have this cover, and I've just got myself a quote for it again to see what happens, and got a quote of £25.20pa. £471 looks like a quote for house buildings/contents etc as well!

Me too, they must really dislike garibaldi's postcode or biscuits, my TSB premium is about a third of that quoted by CycleSure.

Umm very odd indeed. Will try giving them a call instead see if anything changes. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. :?
RickH

Post by RickH »

truckturner wrote:I now use Hiscox...

I just tried going through the online quote from Hiscox (as you'd mentioned them & our house insurance is due for renewal). Their quote was nearly £300 more than my renewal quote!
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
truckturner

Post by truckturner »

Their quote was nearly £300 more than my renewal quote![/quote] Strange mine was £450 cheaper than Prudential @ £200 I suppose they have a criteria cheers