Had my first puncture today

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
ndwgolf

Had my first puncture today

Post by ndwgolf »

Had my first puncher today on my Trek Madone SLR7
Lucky a guy stopped to see if everything was okay as I didn’t have a clue how to get the rear wheel back on after repairing the puncture.
I guess I need to YouTube that [FFE] this afternoon [emoji1566]‍[emoji3603][emoji1566]‍[emoji3603][emoji1566]‍[emoji3603][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji120][emoji120][emoji120]

I'm a trendy consumer. Just look at my wobbly bog brush using hovercraft full of eels
Last edited by Graham on 13 Jan 2019, 10:03am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: FFE . . .family-friendly edit
NUKe

Re: Had my first puncher today

Post by NUKe »

Might be worth going on a basic maintenance course if you don’t want to be stranded in . future.
NUKe

Post by landsurfer »

NUKe wrote:Might be worth going on a basic maintenance course if you don’t want to be stranded in . future.

And some basic english .... :)
“Quiet, calm deliberation disentangles every knot.”
Be more Mike.
The road goes on forever.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Who punched you?
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
thelawnet

Post by thelawnet »

pete75 wrote:Who punched you?

punched with a nail by the sound of it
eileithyia

Post by eileithyia »

The beauty of the cycle club club run...... you learn the basics as you go along. Back in the 70's early 80's there was probably hardly a club run where the tool kits didn't come out to tweak someone's bike... most of bike mechanicing was learnt that way.....

PS we have visitations from the fairy, the full name is never used.... as in she who will not be named....... regardless of how it is spelt.
I stand and rejoice everytime I see a woman ride by on a wheel the picture of free, untrammeled womanhood. HG Wells
ndwgolf

Post by ndwgolf »

A couple of things. First of all I couldn’t get the bloody valve extension off the old tube but funny enough there was just enough sticking out of the rim to get the C02 valve over the tube valve to inflate the tube. I was amazed at how hard the tire was after emptying the C02 cartridge.
Now back at home and after watching a few YouTube videos as I’m sure you all know it’s quie a simple process to remove and replace the rear wheel.
Spelling isn’t my fourty but at 61 it’s a bit late to try a sort that out.
Neil
reohn2

Post by reohn2 »

ndwgolf wrote:A couple of things. First of all I couldn’t get the bloody valve extension off the old tube but funny enough there was just enough sticking out of the rim to get the C02 valve over the tube valve to inflate the tube. I was amazed at how hard the tire was after emptying the C02 cartridge.
Now back at home and after watching a few YouTube videos as I’m sure you all know it’s quie a simple process to remove and replace the rear wheel.
Neil

Glad you got sorted.

BTW,there are people on here who just love to try and belittle folk for their spelling rather than give some sound advice on the question being asked,you've got to feel sorry for the poor souls.
Don't let them put you off posting. :wink:
-----------------------------------------------------------
"All we are not stares back at what we are"
W H Auden
ndwgolf

Post by ndwgolf »

reohn2 wrote:
ndwgolf wrote:A couple of things. First of all I couldn’t get the bloody valve extension off the old tube but funny enough there was just enough sticking out of the rim to get the C02 valve over the tube valve to inflate the tube. I was amazed at how hard the tire was after emptying the C02 cartridge.
Neil

Glad you got sorted.

BTW,there are people on here who just love to try and belittle folk for their spelling rather than give some sound advice on the question being asked,you've got to feel sorry for the poor souls.
Don't let them put you off posting. :wink:
Thank you Sir.
I’m to old to wolly about that kind of stuff, I enjoy the feedback and especially the help that I have received since joining this forum.
Neil
cycleruk

Re: Had my first puncture today

Post by cycleruk »

Do you know why couldn't you get the wheel back in?
I sometimes have trouble with the back wheel just sliding back in and that is after many years of practice. :roll:
You'll never know if you don't try it.
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

It is a verry well nown fakt, that intelergent peepole, are verry bad spellars. :wink:
thirdcrank

Post by thirdcrank »

Quite a lot of forum members are superstitious about using the p word. This alternative seems as good as a row of asterisks.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

ndwgolf wrote:
Neil

It probably isn't your twenty, thirty or fifty either... :lol:
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
Audax67

Post by Audax67 »

yostumpy wrote:It is a verry well nown fakt, that intelergent peepole, are verry bad spellars. :wink:

Lots of 'em don't wash, either. Bad smellars.

Dear Lord, as soon as I hit the full stop on that the dog farted. Mind you, he's pretty clever.
Have we got time for another cuppa?
yostumpy

Post by yostumpy »

Audax67 wrote:
yostumpy wrote:It is a verry well nown fakt, that intelergent peepole, are verry bad spellars. :wink:

Lots of 'em don't wash, either. Bad smellars.

Dear Lord, as soon as I hit the full stop on that the dog farted. Mind you, he's pretty clever.

:lol: :lol: