Carrying a child's bike

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
mark a.

Re: Carrying a child's bike

Post by mark a. »

Thanks everyone. Yes, it's for walking and mainly when I need to carry the bike to my son's nursery. It's not too far and I can cope, but if there was some clever strap or handle solution that would be useful.

I've tried lifting the handlebar, keeping the rear wheel on the ground - so it's doing a perpetual wheelie - which helps a bit but I'm still carrying a chunk of the weight with one arm. Looking at the helpful replies I might just see if I can make use of a rope or bungee to carry it over my shoulders like a big courier bag. I have some in the garage so it'll be free.

The handles look useful, but as thirdcrank says I expect the problem to go away soon so it's probably not worth spending money on a thing I'll have to chuck away in a couple of months.

Ultimately the real solution is to buy a small D-lock so he can cycle there and back himself, leaving the bike there.
[XAP]Bob

Re: Carrying a child's bike

Post by [XAP]Bob »

You could do a poor mans version with a broom handle down the seatbpost, obviously need to carry an Allen key as well though...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.