Crud Catcher Roadracer (MK2) Instructions

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
belgiangoth

Crud Catcher Roadracer (MK2) Instructions

Postby belgiangoth » 25 Feb 2019, 9:44pm

I have an old set of crudcatchers to fit, but no instructions. Google failed me in finding fitting instructions. I have the general gist but not sure which bits attach to which to form the guard - and how. Anyone know of a pdf /scan of the instructions?
If I had a baby elephant I would let it sleep in the garage in place of the car. If I had either a garage or a car. (I miss sigs about baby elephants)

kylecycler

Re: Crud Catcher Roadracer (MK2) Instructions

Postby kylecycler » 25 Feb 2019, 11:53pm

Here you go - never did fit them, don't have a bike they fit any more, but didn't throw them out either!

(Click to enlarge, then hover over the image and click again for full size)

crud roadracer mk2 instructions.jpg

This might also help with fitting them:

http://lovelybike.blogspot.com/2012/04/ ... nders.html

Good luck!

belgiangoth

Postby belgiangoth » 26 Feb 2019, 8:57pm

Cheers!
I will need to replace (almost) all the bolts but will have a chance to see if they will fit properly first.
If I had a baby elephant I would let it sleep in the garage in place of the car. If I had either a garage or a car. (I miss sigs about baby elephants)

kylecycler

Postby kylecycler » 26 Feb 2019, 10:55pm

belgiangoth wrote:Cheers!
I will need to replace (almost) all the bolts but will have a chance to see if they will fit properly first.

Well if you need any spare parts I can send you mine - they're still in their box, I'll never flog them or fit them. See how you get on anyway.

CyberKnight

Postby CyberKnight » 27 Feb 2019, 2:34pm

Found the mk2s brilliant
Wish they hadnt stopped making them for general sale as my last pair i had to buy off the LBS off a store bike , so shop soiled :(
John Wayne: "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on... I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."

kylecycler

Postby kylecycler » 27 Feb 2019, 8:57pm

Only reason I didn't fit mine was because the bike could take SKS Longboards so I fitted these instead. Tried fitting the Roadracers to a friend's Trek but it had 25mm tyres and there just wasn't quite the clearance - he ended up fitting SKS Raceblades.