loud horn for a bike

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
Bigmike7

Re: loud horn for a bike

Post by Bigmike7 »

ps I like the light idea as well every little helps.
Vantage

Post by Vantage »

I have an Airzound. It's currently on top of the wardrobe in the spare bits box for a very good reason.
It dawned on me some time ago that if I use one hand pushing the button to sound the horn, it was one hand less for doing braking with. It's worth thinking about. Are you more likely to survive blasting them with a hundred decibels of sound or braking to avoid them?
One of the blokes I ride with in our social group offered to buy mine as he didn't think his bell was loud enough for pedestrians to hear him coming. I'm refusing the sale as I know he's a danger with two hands let alone one!
Bill

“Ride as much or as little, or as long or as short as you feel. But ride.” ~ Eddy Merckx
It's a rich man whos children run to him when his pockets are empty.
CyberKnight

Post by CyberKnight »

i agree with the above
airzounds are ok as a warning but tends to be an after the fact event , so you turn it into just another road rage tool .
John Wayne: "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on... I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
[XAP]Bob

Post by [XAP]Bob »

Bigmike7 wrote:ps I like the light idea as well every little helps.

That might be the case if the every little to which you refer was in the driver’s mind...
A shortcut has to be a challenge, otherwise it would just be the way. No situation is so dire that panic cannot make it worse.
There are two kinds of people in this world: those can extrapolate from incomplete data.
climo

Post by climo »

Just shout loudly.