Aldi Bike Gear on Sale Thurs 9th May 2019

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
simonhill

Aldi Bike Gear on Sale Thurs 9th May 2019

Post by simonhill »

Saw this in the latest mag. I know there is a keen following here.

No details yet, but you may wish to keep an eye on the shop or next week's mag.
mnichols

Re: Aldi Bike Gear on Sale Thurs 9th May 2019

Post by mnichols »

Thanks. The merino wool socks are excellent. Hopefully they will have some
gaz

Post by gaz »

Watch this (empty at the time of posting) space.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
loch eck steve

Post by loch eck steve »

simonhill wrote:Saw this in the latest mag. I know there is a keen following here.

No details yet, but you may wish to keep an eye on the shop or next week's mag.

Cheers for posting , some of there gears not too bad , i've used one of there cycling shell jackets over the winter for a couple of years now .
pyruse

Post by pyruse »

Their cycling jackets and gloves are excellent. Been using one of their jackets for years now.
rotavator

Post by rotavator »

Any views on the folding electric bike for £499.99?

Lights the blue touch paper and stands well back!
philvantwo

Post by philvantwo »

Well I've just flicked through the Aldi magazine.......apart from the GT85 what a load of tat!
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

pyruse wrote:Their cycling jackets and gloves are excellent. Been using one of their jackets for years now.

I got a black waterproof top for £20 a few years ago- It's excellent - I use it instead of my Gore. I really should have snapped up another a while later which I saw for a tenner. I very much doubt they will do them again - they seem to have headed off to their vision of "upmarket" on a lot of their cycling stuff - which is either inappropriate for me and/or I feel often nit great value when you can so easily get big brand stuff heavily discounted.
Sweep
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

The full list of their bike promo is now live here:

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/da ... =500&text=
Sweep
honesty

Post by honesty »

Poop. Was hoping for some cheap panniers as I missed the Lidl ones a few weeks ago.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

honesty wrote:Poop. Was hoping for some cheap panniers as I missed the Lidl ones a few weeks ago.

You've had a close escape honesty - I wouldn't recommend any panniers from Lidl or Aldi. Leaving aside the quality of the construction of the body of the panniers the fixing systems are likely to be shoddy.

Surprised you need such things - had the idea that you were a long time cyclist.

You'd be far better off buying some quality second hand ones on here even if they need minor repairs. With a quality base you can repair for years and years. And the Lidl and Aldi efforts will be long time landfill.
Sweep
honesty

Post by honesty »

Sweep wrote:
honesty wrote:Poop. Was hoping for some cheap panniers as I missed the Lidl ones a few weeks ago.

You've had a close escape honesty - I wouldn't recommend any panniers from Lidl or Aldi. Leaving aside the quality of the construction of the body of the panniers the fixing systems are likely to be shoddy.

Surprised you need such things - had the idea that you were a long time cyclist.

You'd be far better off buying some quality second hand ones on here even if they need minor repairs. With a quality base you can repair for years and years. And the Lidl and Aldi efforts will be long time landfill.

Not for me, I have Ortliebs, but for my daughter. She’s a set of Basil panniers at the moment:

50073535-A2A9-4D0C-AD34-6BAD1B607CF2.jpeg

but was thinking of getting a set she can take off separately for our camping holiday in a few weeks as the Basils are joined across the top and don’t come off the bike easily. Didn’t want to spend a lot of money for something that may not have worked out. Oh well.
st599_uk

Post by st599_uk »

I bought a very nice, warm cycling jacket from them about 5 years ago.

Does anyone have any information about the mini-pump? It would be useful to have one with a gauge. (Or alternatively a cheap gauge to carry in a saddle bag)
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
gaz

Post by gaz »

The mini-pump is tempting. It would have been even more tempting if I hadn't picked up a Topeak Road Morph for £5 at February's cycle jumble.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade
mercalia

Post by mercalia »

gaz wrote:The mini-pump is tempting. It would have been even more tempting if I hadn't picked up a Topeak Road Morph for £5 at February's cycle jumble.

good buy but the mt morph is better