Page 3 of 3

Re: Do you have a bike cam

Posted: 29 Jun 2019, 11:25am
by landsurfer
Cugel wrote:
skyhawk wrote:No, i said

I have a rear tailgating gopro with TWO 12" x 10" yellow on black signs on the car and when the bikes are mounted an A3 sign

Tailgating camera
Tailgaters
ARE REPORTED

This makes 99.99999% of drivers back off, it is funny to watch them come close as they do, then.................. move back


DO desist with that crow-bully tone!

Cugel


+1

Re: Do you have a bike cam

Posted: 29 Jun 2019, 12:18pm
by skyhawk
landsurfer wrote:
Cugel wrote:
skyhawk wrote:No, i said

I have a rear tailgating gopro with TWO 12" x 10" yellow on black signs on the car and when the bikes are mounted an A3 sign

Tailgating camera
Tailgaters
ARE REPORTED

This makes 99.99999% of drivers back off, it is funny to watch them come close as they do, then.................. move back


DO desist with that crow-bully tone!

Cugel


+1


???????????????????? again

Re: Do you have a bike cam

Posted: 1 Jul 2019, 10:41pm
by TallestTim
Cunobelin wrote:
landsurfer wrote:Schumacher Syndrome ... helmet mounted Go Pro driven into brain on impact ...?

Cameras do not stop any accident ... they just allow the pictures of you and your family being wiped out by the drunken HGV driver from Bulgaria to be posted on You tube ......... :roll:



Cameras do stop accidents!

I can think of a dozen overtakes and left hooks where the driver has seen the camera and reconsidered

Also a large number of Police Forces now act on camera footage

I have had a number of drivers formally cautioned by Police, and a couple dismissed by employers, in fact after a couple of complaints in Portsmouth, I was treated with an awful lot more caution by many of the Taxi drivers... again positive benefits


We need to talk.. I 100% agree that cameras do stop incidents, but i've not have much luck with Hampshire Police following up my complaints, and currently have a complaint in with a large havant based company.

Re: Do you have a bike cam

Posted: 2 Jul 2019, 6:02am
by brynpoeth
Like with safety cameras, no need to have one, a 'warning' sign should work

Re: Do you have a bike cam

Posted: 2 Jul 2019, 9:41am
by skyhawk
TallestTim wrote:
Cunobelin wrote:
landsurfer wrote:Schumacher Syndrome ... helmet mounted Go Pro driven into brain on impact ...?

Cameras do not stop any accident ... they just allow the pictures of you and your family being wiped out by the drunken HGV driver from Bulgaria to be posted on You tube ......... :roll:



Cameras do stop accidents!

I can think of a dozen overtakes and left hooks where the driver has seen the camera and reconsidered

Also a large number of Police Forces now act on camera footage

I have had a number of drivers formally cautioned by Police, and a couple dismissed by employers, in fact after a couple of complaints in Portsmouth, I was treated with an awful lot more caution by many of the Taxi drivers... again positive benefits


We need to talk.. I 100% agree that cameras do stop incidents, but i've not have much luck with Hampshire Police following up my complaints, and currently have a complaint in with a large havant based company.


The last person I reported had 6 points and a fine for dangerous driving, there is one pending dangerous driving and three have had written warnings all thanks to

https://gosafesnap.wales/

Re: Do you have a bike cam

Posted: 2 Jul 2019, 2:24pm
by landsurfer
This host of people you keep reporting to the police ... i hope to god none of them find out where you live ! ...

Re: Do you have a bike cam

Posted: 2 Jul 2019, 4:05pm
by skyhawk
landsurfer wrote:This host of people you keep reporting to the police ... i hope to god none of them find out where you live !



It is used by thousands in wales, if people didn't drive dangerously, and were prosecuted they would not be reported.

If I see a motorist knock a cyclist off or almost side swipe them are you to let it go.

Re: Do you have a bike cam

Posted: 2 Jul 2019, 4:05pm
by skyhawk
skyhawk wrote:
landsurfer wrote:This host of people you keep reporting to the police ... i hope to god none of them find out where you live !



I am not alone check the website, and I appreciate that you are not having a go at me for reporting them, just as thousands of caring motorists, do, who knows I may get caught doing something one day, what is sauce for the goose.............

It is used by thousands in wales, if people didn't drive dangerously, and were prosecuted they would not be reported.

If I see a motorist knock a cyclist off or almost side swipe them are you to let it go.


Would you rather someone. perhaps a cyclist was killed by a phone user or dangerous driver ?

It is people like me who try to keep our roads safe for others including cyclists.

Example, recent report, travelling to Carmarthen behind a car with NO working brakelights the driver tried to overtake a cyclist on a BLIND bend, almost (within a foot) hit him, yes 12" or less, at 30mph. One day this motorist could hit a cyclist, me, you, your partner.

Oh and I have been in court on the dangerous driving case, my car in the car park, where the defendants mother parked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-46424514