Laka Club third party insurance

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
random37

Laka Club third party insurance

Post by random37 »

Hello

I am interested in getting third party liability insurance for myself and my partner.
I had a Google, and this came up:
https://www.laka.co.uk/club
Is it worth having? I'm a bit suspicious of free services.
Any sources of third party liability insurance for a bike that isn't free? I don't care if my bike gets nicked, I can get a new one for less than the price of a policy.
simonhill

Re: Laka Club third party insurance

Post by simonhill »

What's wrong with Cycle UK?

If you're not a member then you're using our forum for free.

Membership includes 3rd party insurance and legal help.
random37

Post by random37 »

simonhill wrote:If you're not a member then you're using our forum for free.

And what's wrong with that?
I wouldn't choose to put it this way, but you could argue that non-members are giving Cycling UK the benefit of their knowledge and experience for free.
In fact, isn't the legal help free for non-members too?
gaz

Post by gaz »

random37 wrote:And what's wrong with that?

Nothing at all, Cycling UK choose to make this forum available to all, free at the point of delivery.

The legal help package available to "full" Cycling UK members is different to that for "affiliated" Cycling UK members who receive the same service available to anybody directly through Slater and Gordon.

So far as public liability cover is concerned you may have this already if you have home insurance, it is available with Cycling UK membership, many categories of British Cycling membership, London Cycling Campaign membership and many more.

Policy terms and conditions vary, always read the small print.

Please note that gaz is not FCA regulated and cannot assess individual needs for insurance. You will not receive advice or recommendations from gaz about them. Please direct your queries to your chosen insurance provider, who may be either vaguely reassuring or reassuringly vague in their response (wonderful phrase, my thanks to mjr for providing it on another thread). Your home may be at risk if you leave the gas on whilst riding your bike. Posted on a forum that contains track nuts and cannot be guaranteed track nut free.
High on a cocktail of flossy teacakes and marmalade