Conti Ultrasport Cracking Side Wall.

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
NATURAL ANKLING

Conti Ultrasport Cracking Side Wall.

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 11 Jul 2019, 8:14pm

Hi,
Only done about 300 miles each, the pics are the front, rear is much better but some signs will go same way.
Haven't used for a year, stored dry inside on wheels.
Not current model so they could be some years old?
The latest model is ultrasport 2, mines just ultrasport folding, before the latest model I assume?
Image Attachments
IMG_0174_a.jpg
IMG_0175_a.jpg
If You Don't Try You Don't Do.....Don't Do You Don't Get...I'm Still Trying....Well Very..
You'll Find Me At The Top Of A Hill...............Somewhere...After Dark..

NATURAL ANKLING

Re: Conti Ultrasport Cracking Side Wall.

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 11 Jul 2019, 8:20pm

Hi,
Well this is what conti says-
https://www.continental-tires.com/bicyc ... r-pressure

"What is the right air pressure?

The air pressure level should be selected depending on the weight of the rider and the way the tires are used. Generally speaking, lighter riders require less pressure, heavier riders more. We usually recommend choosing a pressure level somewhere between the recommended and the maximum pressure. The maximum tire pressure indicated on the side of the tire may not be exceeded. Tires that are pumped up too much will tend to crack. Wide tires need less pressure than narrow tires. If the pressure is too low, there is a risk that the tire will be crushed if driven over a sharp edge, e.g. a hole in the road or a lowered pavement. Therefore, check and set the pressure correctly on a regular basis."

Oh well :(
If You Don't Try You Don't Do.....Don't Do You Don't Get...I'm Still Trying....Well Very..

gxaustin

Postby gxaustin » 11 Jul 2019, 8:35pm

These were fitted from new on my bike. They rode well and lasted at least 5,000 miles (in about 7 months). I had 25mm pumped up to 6 bar

NATURAL ANKLING

Postby NATURAL ANKLING » 12 Jul 2019, 1:41am

Hi,
I don't believe that I overinflated, but how would you tell.
Years of experience with 700 X 23's meant that all the years of inflating with a hand pump and I always would use my thumb to feel how hard, had and have plenty old conti's, super sport ultra grand prix etc, but old tan wall type...........made in Germany.
I believe that the newer ultra as in pics is made in Taiwan, and rubber is...............well its bound to be different from my old tan wall stuff?