How to make YouTube cycling videos?

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
esuhl

How to make YouTube cycling videos?

Post by esuhl »

I've seen videos on YouTube showing a cyclist's front and rear camera feeds at the same time (side-by-side, or with the rear video in a little box, etc.).

I'd like to make a similar kind of video (for fun). But I'm not sure where to begin... :-/

Can anyone suggest any simple video-editing tools to do this? (Linux, Win7, web-based?) How can the front/rear videos be synchronised with each other? Both my cams have mics, so can they be synchronised based on similarities between in audio?

Any tips would be more that welcome! :D
mjr

Re: How to make YouTube cycling videos?

Post by mjr »

Blender Video Sequence Editor. Lots of platforms, loads of tutorial videos, sometimes quirky, free and open source software.
MJR, mostly pedalling 3-speed roadsters. KL+West Norfolk BUG incl social easy rides http://www.klwnbug.co.uk
All the above is CC-By-SA and no other implied copyright license to Cycle magazine.
st599_uk

Post by st599_uk »

In a camera that allows it, you would add a data track to the video which uniquely identifies each frame. You can then sync all the cameras at the start of the shoot.

If you can't do Timecode, you need to visually align the audio waveforms - this is what a Hollywood style clapperboard is for. It's easiest if you align an impulse like a clap.

To do the scaling, the filter will work better if the dimensions are 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 or 1/16.

Shotcut or Lightworks would be my weapon of choice for a simple video. Export at the biggest bitrate you can afford to upload.
A novice learning...
“the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.”
esuhl

Post by esuhl »

I came across Da Vinci Resolve, which I've been playing with. But it seems really fussy with file formats/codecs, so I'll definitely have a look at Blender, Shotcut and Lightworks when I get a chance.

Cheers :D
Redvee

Post by Redvee »

I use Sony Vegas which I paid £25 for many years ago, it does what I want and if I had the patience I could do multiview angles but it doesnnn't like the raw GoPro files so I need to trim them in GoPro Studio then edit them again in Sony Vegas. Not really tried the multi camera thing in GoPro Studio.