Size 6 EEE width Ladies shoes with recessed cleats

General cycling advice ( NOT technical ! )
PAB855

Size 6 EEE width Ladies shoes with recessed cleats

Post by PAB855 »

Is there such a shoe available? It's for my wife to use on her recumbent trike . It's a safety issue because if your feet slip off the pedals they could be caught under the frame while the trike keeps going !!!!

Currently she has toe clips and straps but reaching forward to fasten or release the straps is too difficult for her.

The EEE ie wide fitting shoe could be difficult to find. I have seen a EE .

It seems to me that the a range of widths could be accommodated by having a strong solid sole with the upper made up of two sides which open up completely for the full length of the shoe and can be fastened by three or four velcro straps or laces. I'm no expert at shoe design but surely there is something on the market.

Cheers
NUKe

Re: Size 6 EEE width Ladies shoes with recessed cleats

Post by NUKe »

No idea about the shoes, however both ice and hp velotecnic has pedals with heel stops or try Kevin at Dtek, he may be able to help.
NUKe

Post by RickH »

I have some Giro Rumble VR shoes. They are pretty wide fitting, especially around the front area, almost too wide for my wide feet They are also available down to size 39 (example from a supplier local to me, may be available elsewhere) which I think corresponds to a 6.
Former member of the Cult of the Polystyrene Head Carbuncle.
pete75

Post by pete75 »

Do what most people do with narrow fitting Shimano shoes and get a size or two bigger. I have 45 in normal shoes but use a 47 in Shimano spd shoes.
'Give me my bike, a bit of sunshine - and a stop-off for a lunchtime pint - and I'm a happy man.' - Reg Baker
AMMoffat

Post by AMMoffat »

My feet are too wide for most ladies shoes except for a very few specific brands and those do not include cycling brands. I suggest your wife looks at men's cycling shoe ranges to find anything wide enough. Specialized Tahoe's (at least previous year's models) are wide and Northwave have some wider models.
PAB855

Post by PAB855 »

You have all been very helpful. There's plenty there to be getting on with.

Many thanks